ALERT: Verizon Wireless plans do NOT feature "Nights Start..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
October 8, 2004 10:04:22 PM

Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:06:43 PM

Where have you been????

"Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message

> Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".

October 8, 2004 10:12:50 PM

Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Where have you been????
>
> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:12:51 PM

In article <CMA9d.1027$6q2.905@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
"Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:

> Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.

If you haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless, how do you know that
nights start at 9 PM?

> And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!

But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
start at 8 PM.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous

Michelle Steiner wrote:
> But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
> start at 8 PM.

But Verizon doesn't currently offer 8 PM nights. You must be on a grandfathered
plan.

a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:12:53 PM

Michelle Steiner wrote:

> And I'm in a small quandary right now. My plan covers 12 western
> states, with no roaming charges in any of them. I've not traveled
> outside of those dozen states since May 2000. However, in about a
> month and a half, I'll be visiting Florida for a week.

Consider this:

FREE-UP (or whatever they call the pre-paid plans now). I did this
a couple of years ago for a vacation to the East coast while preserving
my promotional Local Digital Choice. Back then (and I don't think it's
changed much) I got the initial 100min card for $30 with a first time
additional 100 min. card. No activation fee since I already had a
post paid plan and was using my existing phone. The TM-510 I
was using at the time supported dual NAMs so I simply programmed
NAM2 for the FREE-UP number and left NAM1 alone. Even if your
phone doesn't support dual NAMs you could have it programmed for
the FREE-UP number just before you leave and switched back upon
your return. Worth looking into if your grandfathered plan is worth
keeping.

-Quick
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:12:54 PM

In article <1097274710.728439@sj-nntpcache-3>,
"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> FREE-UP (or whatever they call the pre-paid plans now). I did this a
> couple of years ago for a vacation to the East coast while preserving
> my promotional Local Digital Choice. Back then (and I don't think
> it's changed much) I got the initial 100min card for $30 with a first
> time additional 100 min. card. No activation fee since I already
> had a post paid plan and was using my existing phone.

Thanks. I didn't realize that I could use the same phone for a second
plan. I'll definitely look into that option.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:12:55 PM

Michelle Steiner wrote:
> In article <1097274710.728439@sj-nntpcache-3>,
> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> FREE-UP (or whatever they call the pre-paid plans now). I did this a
>> couple of years ago for a vacation to the East coast while preserving
>> my promotional Local Digital Choice. Back then (and I don't think
>> it's changed much) I got the initial 100min card for $30 with a first
>> time additional 100 min. card. No activation fee since I already
>> had a post paid plan and was using my existing phone.
>
> Thanks. I didn't realize that I could use the same phone for a second
> plan. I'll definitely look into that option.

You won't be able to use the same phone on both plans concurrently.
Meaning that the phone will be active on one plan or the other but not
both at the same time.

With dual NAMs it a matter of switching from one NAM to another
on the phone, the phone resets, and you are active on the other number.

With a single NAM phone it would be the same as an ESN change.
You may want to discuss that with a technical support person. You
might have to call them to deactivate the ESN on one plan before you
activate it on another. It's also possible that you may have to program
the phone number when you switch it over.

Of course if you don't have to switch it on the road it would only involve
one trip to a company store before you leave and another upon return.

It's going to be way less expensive than roaming charges. When I
did it it was:

Roaming ($.69/min)
FREE-UP peak ($.30/min)
FREE-UP off pk ($.15/min)

Keep in mind there are a couple of "surprises" with FREE-UP that
weren't an issue for me. They charge you minutes when someone
*leaves* you voice mail and then again when you retrieve it. Of
course most people will have your regular number.

It would probably be interesting to many if you post what you
find out.

-Quick
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:12:56 PM

Quick wrote:
> It's going to be way less expensive than roaming charges. When I
> did it it was:
>
> Roaming ($.69/min)
> FREE-UP peak ($.30/min)
> FREE-UP off pk ($.15/min)

Actually it was 1/2 that because, *at the time*, when you signed
up you got a second card equal to the initial one you bought.
Sign up for FREE-UP with a $30 card and get a $30 card free.

-Quick
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:17:37 PM

In article <1097282804.871196@sj-nntpcache-3>,
"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> > Thanks. I didn't realize that I could use the same phone for a
> > second plan. I'll definitely look into that option.
>
> You won't be able to use the same phone on both plans concurrently.
> Meaning that the phone will be active on one plan or the other but
> not both at the same time.

I understood that.

> It would probably be interesting to many if you post what you
> find out.

If I go that route, that's what I'll do.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
October 8, 2004 10:41:39 PM

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> In article <CMA9d.1027$6q2.905@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:
>
> > Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
>
> If you haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless, how do you know that
> nights start at 9 PM?

I just found out today. I started looking into Verizon Wireless yesterday.

> > And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!
>
> But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
> start at 8 PM.

How long ago did you sign up?

> > "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > Where have you been????
> > >
> > > "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message

> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
October 8, 2004 10:44:49 PM

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> In article <CMA9d.1027$6q2.905@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:
>
> > Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
>
> If you haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless, how do you know that
> nights start at 9 PM?
>
> > And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!
>
> But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
> start at 8 PM.

It's more of a complaint than an alert.

> > "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> > > Where have you been????
> > >
> > > "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message

> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:44:50 PM

Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7.. you
have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a certain
unnamed carried

In article <BeB9d.1036$6q2.468@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>,
"Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:

> > > Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
> >
> > If you haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless, how do you know
> > that nights start at 9 PM?
> >
> > > And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!
> >
> > But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
> > start at 8 PM.
>
> It's more of a complaint than an alert.

The subject says that it is an alert.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:44:51 PM

Peter Pan wrote:
> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7.. you
> have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a certain
> unnamed carried

I'll name 'em. Sprint and Cingular. :)  (Don't know about AT&T.)

a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:44:52 PM

Read the fine print.. From the sprint website:
Night & Weekend Minutes are included in most Sprint PCS Service Plans.
Night & Weekend Minutes are used from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m., Monday through
Friday and all day on Saturday
and Sunday.

And from the Cingular website:
Off-Peak: From 9:00 p.m. to 6:59 a.m. Monday - Thursday, and from 9:00 p.m.
Friday to 6:59 a.m. Monday

Sure looks like 9 PM starts for BOTH Sprint and Cingular... :)

Like I said, NOBODY has PLANS that have nights starting at 7.

So my "unnamed carriers" still stay unnamed.... :)

> Peter Pan wrote:
>> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
>> you have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a
>> certain unnamed carried
>
> I'll name 'em. Sprint and Cingular. :)  (Don't know about AT&T.)
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
> sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
October 8, 2004 10:44:52 PM

In article <ck6p10$elu$3@ratbert.glorb.com>,
Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

> Peter Pan wrote:
> > Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7.. you
> > have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a certain
> > unnamed carried
>
> I'll name 'em. Sprint and Cingular. :)  (Don't know about AT&T.)

AT&T plans that are $59.95 and higher automatically have 7pm nights.

It's true that you pay an additional amount for Cingular to have 7pm
nights. I don't know about Sprint.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 10:44:53 PM

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:56:39 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Read the fine print.. From the sprint website:
>Night & Weekend Minutes are included in most Sprint PCS Service Plans.
>Night & Weekend Minutes are used from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m., Monday through
>Friday and all day on Saturday
>and Sunday.
>
>And from the Cingular website:
>Off-Peak: From 9:00 p.m. to 6:59 a.m. Monday - Thursday, and from 9:00 p.m.
>Friday to 6:59 a.m. Monday
>
>Sure looks like 9 PM starts for BOTH Sprint and Cingular... :)
>
>Like I said, NOBODY has PLANS that have nights starting at 7.
>
>So my "unnamed carriers" still stay unnamed.... :)

Sprint has two plans that charge extra for the 7PM option, 5 bux a
month and the other 10 bux a month.

>"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
>> Peter Pan wrote:
>>> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
>>> you have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a
>>> certain unnamed carried
>>
>> I'll name 'em. Sprint and Cingular. :)  (Don't know about AT&T.)
>>
>> --
>> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
>> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
>> sjsobol@JustThe.net
>> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
>> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

October 8, 2004 11:18:52 PM

Not recent plans. That's why it's not worth it to switch if
you have an older plan that does feature 7pm nights.

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7.. you
> have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a certain
> unnamed carried
>

> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message

> >> If you haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless, how do you know that
> >> nights start at 9 PM?

> >> But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
> >> start at 8 PM.
> >
> > It's more of a complaint than an alert.

> >> --
> >> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 11:29:52 PM

"Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message

> Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".

How incredibly observant of you! You also might be surprised to know if you
go over your monthly allowance, they'll charge you extra and that long
distance calls to Australia the Middle East are not included in your rate
plan...

Edw.
October 8, 2004 11:37:14 PM

I'm well aware of what my current plan features.

"Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".
>
> How incredibly observant of you! You also might be surprised to know if you
> go over your monthly allowance, they'll charge you extra and that long
> distance calls to Australia the Middle East are not included in your rate
> plan...
>
> Edw.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 12:05:46 AM

Nice aspect of the 1000 (Anytime) Local Digital plan is that 9:00pm cut-off
does not apply.
--

-Philip

Roger wrote:
> Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
> And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!
>

> "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Where have you been????
>>
>> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 12:15:07 AM

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:04:22 GMT, "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:

>Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".

Actually, you are incorrect. They start at 9:01 PM
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 12:40:28 AM

Quick wrote:

> With a single NAM phone it would be the same as an ESN change.
> You may want to discuss that with a technical support person. You
> might have to call them to deactivate the ESN on one plan before you
> activate it on another. It's also possible that you may have to program
> the phone number when you switch it over.

You should be able to do an ESN swap online and then do a *228 option 1 to
reprogram your phone.

a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 2:41:01 AM

In article <michelle-C1A620.14484708102004@news.west.cox.net>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> However, in about a month
> and a half, I'll be visiting Florida for a week.

If you are going on vacation, I'd suggest you leave your phone at home.
What do you need it for?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 2:41:02 AM

In article
<jadder-295BC6.18410108102004@nycmny-nntp-rdr-03-ge0.rdc-nyc.rr.com>,
jadder <jadder@nospam.net> wrote:

> > However, in about a month
> > and a half, I'll be visiting Florida for a week.
>
> If you are going on vacation, I'd suggest you leave your phone at home.
> What do you need it for?

To keep in contact with my daughter and some friends; although I'll be
visiting them, I'll be out and about without them at times. Further, my
parter will be with me, and should we become separated, we can call to
find each other.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
October 9, 2004 3:33:39 AM

That's right ... it's there to highlight the missing feature.
Hopefully, Verizon Wireless and / or competitors will realize that
the feature is important enough to keep or gain customers.

> > > If you haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless, how do you know
> > > that nights start at 9 PM?

> > > But why "alert" us to something that is well known? BTW, my nights
> > > start at 8 PM.
> >
> > It's more of a complaint than an alert.
>
> The subject says that it is an alert.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 3:33:40 AM

In article <ntF9d.8596$nj.8094@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
"Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:

> That's right ... it's there to highlight the missing feature.
> Hopefully, Verizon Wireless and / or competitors will realize that
> the feature is important enough to keep or gain customers.

Verizon dropped the 7 PM evenings at least three years ago and it hasn't
hurt their sales yet.

--

> That's right ... it's there to highlight the missing feature.
> Hopefully, Verizon Wireless and / or competitors will realize that
> the feature is important enough to keep or gain customers.

Gee thanks, Rog- thanks for pointing out the same thing contained in
hundreds of previous posts- we aren't smart enough to read those. Thanks
for not even being a subscriber and alerting those that use the network of
something that they've been dealing with for years- they aren't smart enough
to read their bills. And thanks for pointing out something that is not
important at all to the cellular companies- unless you have some super
secret information that points to this as a 'take it or leave it' necessity
for all cellular customers.

Thanks for playing.
October 9, 2004 3:37:44 AM

1000 anytime minutes is more than I need.

"Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Nice aspect of the 1000 (Anytime) Local Digital plan is that 9:00pm cut-off
> does not apply.
> --
>
> -Philip
>
> Roger wrote:
> > Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
> > And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!
> >

> > "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> Where have you been????
> >>
> >> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 3:37:45 AM

Good thing, cuz with some carriers (cingular is pushing one), no cutoff and
the 1000 minute local thing, you don't get free nights and weekends at all.
:)

> 1000 anytime minutes is more than I need.
>

> "Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Nice aspect of the 1000 (Anytime) Local Digital plan is that 9:00pm
>> cut-off
>> does not apply.
>> --
>>
>> -Philip
>>
>> Roger wrote:
>> > Haven't been looking into Verizon Wireless that's for sure.
>> > And, no mistake either ... 9pm nights ... yeah, right !!!
>> >

>> > "Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message

October 9, 2004 3:38:37 AM

Even worse. ;) ))))))))))))))

"Teddeli" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:p 9tdm09dq3371i27b7u0p4ajkc4is7uvut@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:04:22 GMT, "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:
>

> >Verizon Wireless "nights start at 9pm".
> >

> Actually, you are incorrect. They start at 9:01 PM
October 9, 2004 4:21:48 AM

I don't know whether people lookout for the 7pm nights feature when
shopping around for a plan. They may not realize they signed up for
9pm nights until it's too late.

You sound as if you like the 9pm nights feature. How weird !!!

> In article <ntF9d.8596$nj.8094@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:
>
> > That's right ... it's there to highlight the missing feature.
> > Hopefully, Verizon Wireless and / or competitors will realize that
> > the feature is important enough to keep or gain customers.
>
> Verizon dropped the 7 PM evenings at least three years ago and it hasn't
> hurt their sales yet.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:21:49 AM

Roger wrote:
> I don't know whether people lookout for the 7pm nights feature when
> shopping around for a plan. They may not realize they signed up for
> 9pm nights until it's too late.
>
> You sound as if you like the 9pm nights feature. How weird !!!

You are sounding more and more like a troll.

-Quick
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:21:49 AM

Roger wrote:
> I don't know whether people lookout for the 7pm nights feature when
> shopping around for a plan. They may not realize they signed up for
> 9pm nights until it's too late.

Or they just don't care. My wife and I could pay for 7pm nights if we wanted
to, but we don't make enough calls between 7pm and 9pm for it to be worth the
extra $5 per month per line we'd be paying.

> You sound as if you like the 9pm nights feature. How weird !!!

It doesn't affect her. She is on an older plan with 8pm nights.

a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:21:49 AM

In article <waG9d.8611$nj.3404@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
"Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:

> I don't know whether people lookout for the 7pm nights feature when
> shopping around for a plan. They may not realize they signed up for
> 9pm nights until it's too late.

I bet most people don't realize that they can get a nights feature in
the first place--and those who do, will read the details before ordering
it.

> You sound as if you like the 9pm nights feature. How weird !!!

It's weird that you think I sound as if I like the 9 PM feature. I'm
just saying that it's not all that big a deal to most people.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
October 9, 2004 4:31:36 AM

Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:D v6dnZY-NOBGs_rcRVn-rw@adelphia.com...

> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote in message
> >
> > That's right ... it's there to highlight the missing feature.
> > Hopefully, Verizon Wireless and / or competitors will realize that
> > the feature is important enough to keep or gain customers.
> >

> Gee thanks, Rog- thanks for pointing out the same thing contained in
> hundreds of previous posts- we aren't smart enough to read those. Thanks
> for not even being a subscriber and alerting those that use the network of
> something that they've been dealing with for years- they aren't smart enough
> to read their bills. And thanks for pointing out something that is not
> important at all to the cellular companies- unless you have some super
> secret information that points to this as a 'take it or leave it' necessity
> for all cellular customers.
>
> Thanks for playing.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:31:37 AM

> Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Great- why don't you report your luck in getting this added. We have the
thirty or forty years with nothing better to do than wait.

BTW- which carrier did you say was offering this already as a normal part of
their plans?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:31:38 AM

Scott Stephenson wrote:
> BTW- which carrier did you say was offering this already as a normal part of
> their plans?

AT&T on plans of $59.95/month or more.

October 9, 2004 4:36:05 AM

It takes one to know one.

"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:1097282111.988667@sj-nntpcache-3...
> Roger wrote:
> > I don't know whether people lookout for the 7pm nights feature when
> > shopping around for a plan. They may not realize they signed up for
> > 9pm nights until it's too late.
> >
> > You sound as if you like the 9pm nights feature. How weird !!!
>
> You are sounding more and more like a troll.
>
> -Quick

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 5:24:01 AM

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in

> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
> you have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with
> a certain unnamed carried

Er, ah, "Tinker Bell"...oops....Alltel has 7PM start times for an extra
$7/month on all unlimited N&W plans. 60 hours more for $7. Helluva good
deal. I got mine....(c;
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 5:24:02 AM

"Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in
>
>> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
>> you have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with
>> a certain unnamed carried
>>
> Er, ah, "Tinker Bell"...oops....Alltel has 7PM start times for an extra
> $7/month on all unlimited N&W plans. 60 hours more for $7. Helluva good
> deal. I got mine....(c;

60 hours???
Monday thru Friday 7PM to 9PM equals 10 hours
4 weeks times 10 hours equals 40 hours
This is for February other months could have an extra 2 or 3 days at 2 hours
each.
Which is 44 or 46 hours.
Where are the other hours?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 5:24:02 AM

Larry W4CSC wrote:
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in
>

>>Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
>>you have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with
>>a certain unnamed carried
>>

> Er, ah, "Tinker Bell"...oops....Alltel has 7PM start times for an extra
> $7/month on all unlimited N&W plans. 60 hours more for $7. Helluva good
> deal. I got mine....(c;

Cingular also offers it for $7/month and Sprint offers it for $5/month. His
point was that no one (except, apparently, ATT) has plans that include 7pm
nights. ATT does if your plan is $59.95/month or higher.

October 9, 2004 6:39:41 AM

Oh, ... weren't you the one who said that
it's "well known" since so many people complain about it?

> In article <waG9d.8611$nj.3404@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Roger" <roger@no_thanks.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know whether people lookout for the 7pm nights feature when
> > shopping around for a plan. They may not realize they signed up for
> > 9pm nights until it's too late.
>
> I bet most people don't realize that they can get a nights feature in
> the first place--and those who do, will read the details before ordering
> it.
>
> > You sound as if you like the 9pm nights feature. How weird !!!
>
> It's weird that you think I sound as if I like the 9 PM feature. I'm
> just saying that it's not all that big a deal to most people.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
October 9, 2004 6:49:18 AM

His point is that there are plans that feature 7pm nights.

Larry, thanks for giving us another carrier to look into.
Cuz, I'm not signing up with a 9pm nights carrier. That's for sure.

"IMHO" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:TKH9d.1406$EZ.913@okepread07...
> "Larry W4CSC" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
> >> you have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with
> >> a certain unnamed carried
> >>
> > Er, ah, "Tinker Bell"...oops....Alltel has 7PM start times for an extra
> > $7/month on all unlimited N&W plans. 60 hours more for $7. Helluva good
> > deal. I got mine....(c;
> >

> 60 hours???
> Monday thru Friday 7PM to 9PM equals 10 hours
> 4 weeks times 10 hours equals 40 hours
> This is for February other months could have an extra 2 or 3 days at 2 hours
> each.
> Which is 44 or 46 hours.
> Where are the other hours?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 6:49:19 AM

Roger wrote:
> His point is that there are plans that feature 7pm nights.
>
> Larry, thanks for giving us another carrier to look into.
> Cuz, I'm not signing up with a 9pm nights carrier. That's for sure.

Where are you located? (just curious, since that'll affect your selection of
carriers)

a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 1:10:06 PM

Smiling Wickedly, Peter Pan answered:

> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7.. you
> have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a certain
> unnamed carried
Um.. I'm currently getting that (7:00pm nights) for free via retention
plan at SPRINT.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:45:44 PM

"Michael L. Arends" <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
> Smiling Wickedly, Peter Pan answered:
>
>> Even funnier when you consider that NOBODY has PLANS that start at 7..
>> you
>> have to pay extra for the OPTION to a plan to get 7pm starts with a
>> certain
>> unnamed carried
> Um.. I'm currently getting that (7:00pm nights) for free via retention
> plan at SPRINT.

So what's your point? It's a free OPTION... not a plan.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 6:54:26 PM

In article <michelle-A30910.16505608102004@news.west.cox.net>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> To keep in contact with my daughter and some friends; although I'll be
> visiting them, I'll be out and about without them at times. Further, my
> parter will be with me, and should we become separated, we can call to
> find each other.

Isn't it amazing how dependent we have become on our cell phones? Can't
even imagine a few days without it. How ever did we manage before? How
do people manage now who don't have cell phones?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 7:30:24 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>
>> With a single NAM phone it would be the same as an ESN change.
>> You may want to discuss that with a technical support person. You
>> might have to call them to deactivate the ESN on one plan before you
>> activate it on another. It's also possible that you may have to
>> program the phone number when you switch it over.
>
> You should be able to do an ESN swap online and then do a *228 option
> 1 to reprogram your phone.

What came to mind is "what if you don't have another ESN to switch in?".
I was thinking that the website software might check if an ESN that you
are trying to activate on a number is already active on another VZW number.
In that case you would need some way of "deactivating" the ESN on one
account before doing the "ESN switch" on another account. I didn't
bother to try it.

Let's say that you only have 1 ESN at your disposal.
You have it activated on account #1.
Let's assume the software checks for "already active on another account".
How do you move the ESN from one account to another without CS
doing it for you?

-Quick
!