WDS using a multiple WAP54G

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 20, 2004 2:52:52 PM

Hello,

I've got this setup:
One WAP54G configured as Access Point is connected to wired LAN.
Another WAP54G is configured as a repeater (talking only to the first
WAP54G). What I would like now is to configure a third WAP54G as a
repeater (talking only to the second WAP54G).

Connecting two WAP54Gs is no problem (using repeater mode). Connecting
the third AP to the first is no problem, but that doesn't solve my
problem; I want this:

AP3 <--> AP2 <--> AP1 <--> wired LAN. Possible? (I really hope it is).

Erlend

More about : wds multiple wap54g

Anonymous
November 25, 2004 4:07:25 PM

And? Did u try?

I think its possible that way, but I heard about loosing some
performance when using a repeater...I dont know, what kind of
performance-loosing will be there with 2 repeaters...

But generally this should work somehow, I believe.

Maybe u can post your experience about that here than?

best regards,

Jens

!