NFS MW FPS in 1600 * 1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
Hi

just wanted to know if anyone out there playing or had played NFSMW in res 1600*1200 (max res game allowed) with all the graphics details set to MAX and with consistant FPS above 30?

if so please post ur h/w specs.

my current specs are

XFX ATIHD 5850
i7 950
1gb * 3 of ram
Asus P6x58D-e mobo
250GB sata 2 HD

when playing with highest graphcis details i get between 20 - 35 inconsistant frame rate. i need 30 or above. i have also installed the latest driver for vga.

Solution
have you reset you ccc panels gaming/3d settings back to default?
you may have adjusted them or they may need adjusting.
i run most of my games with surface format optimization on and texture filter quality @high quality
mip map @quality-high quality
and wait for vertical refresh on, off unless application specifies
AA @multisample aa not super sample
with opengl tripple buffering checked.

i would think running off the hdmi wouldn't affect it unless its forcing vsync, the only way to tell is look for shearing, if there is non and vsync is off on both the ccc panel and the games options then it may be being forced on by the hdmi (unlikely but possible) if you have a vga to vga or dvi then try that lead. but its unlikely to help.

its not demanding at all. you should be punishing it at 100fps+ after all its a ps2 game.
last time i played it i was getting 100+ (via fraps) on a lowley amd6000+x2 88gt setup with 2 gigs of ram...

maybe you have vsnc on thats the only way i can think of it being stuck at 30.

but i have it here and can easily install it and check.
gimme 20-30 mins as its pretty slow at installing.

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted-Patch.shtml
this is the 1.3 patch
then google the 1.3 widescreen patch its actually a game hack by haxxor but it means you can play up to 1920/1080 if you want.

now patch the game. and run it as normal. select the highest settings and maximum rez. accept and go back to the main menu
now without quiting, alt tab out of the game and run the widescreen patch (run it as administrator)
tab back into the game and you should see the game is now running at the monitors native res or the rez you chose.

click thumb for bigger view

i was getting between 90 and 140 fps going by fraps at max quality
i run a i7 920 d0 @3.6 and a 5870 @stock 6gig ram
@1080p

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
ack.
ill try this out
have to mention something else here as the copy i have is not an original. so first i will try to find the "solution" for the original patch 1.3 . then follow your instructions.
will update tomorrow.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
patch applied with the "solution". still the FPS reported by FRAPS is between 24- 35 !
i have to mentione that im using the HDMI port in the VGA so that put extra load to the vga. still i think the game should run above 60FPS.

have you reset you ccc panels gaming/3d settings back to default?
you may have adjusted them or they may need adjusting.
i run most of my games with surface format optimization on and texture filter quality @high quality
mip map @quality-high quality
and wait for vertical refresh on, off unless application specifies
AA @multisample aa not super sample
with opengl tripple buffering checked.

i would think running off the hdmi wouldn't affect it unless its forcing vsync, the only way to tell is look for shearing, if there is non and vsync is off on both the ccc panel and the games options then it may be being forced on by the hdmi (unlikely but possible) if you have a vga to vga or dvi then try that lead. but its unlikely to help.

Solution

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
well in game vsync is off and in the ccc panel its the same as yours.
AA is super sample
openGL is tripple buffering
and all the other 3D settings are set in such a way that if the option of "application controll" is there then the setting is that and if not to the avilable highest level.

HDMI donsn't force vsync cos i have just finished supreme commander and when i disable the vsync in game the fps always go above 50 even in the high unit battles. i have played star to finish quake 4 and farcry 1 also and they have given avarage FPS of 60.

i will however set the AA to your setting and test the FPS.

sorry i cant be any more help, to be honest i expected my system to give much higher fps than it did, so the game isnt that well optimized.

you did do the full install? including direct x 9.0c... yeah you probably did.
so all i can think of is a similar situation with juiced 2, it would work fine on 1 config but be unplayable on a similar 1 with a better gfx card. purely because it didn't recognize the system hardware properly.

the last piece of advice i can give is try the e.a forums. and wish you good luck.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
hey it worked.
it seems putting the AA to super sample is too much for the VGA
but once i lowered it to multisample the FPS didnt drop below 45. also the FPS never when above 63. guess the reason for that is vga is working on HDMI.
thansks for the help.
this is a solved issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.