IRQ problem

G

My onboard audio and ethernet card use the same irq - 11... its very hard to listen to mp3's and download somethign at the same time, the music cuts a lot :( , how can i change irq and which irq should i use for them...

I have Msi k7t pro2a mobo and athlon 900 t-bird + win2k ...

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Look in your motherboard manual (or on the online one for that matter). There will be a listing of which PCI slots share IRQs with which devices. I'm willing to bet that the PCI slot your ethernet card is in shares the same IRQ as your onboard audio. Just move the card to a different slot and you should be fine. Make sure to check the manual though because you don't want to move it to a slot that shares an IRQ with something else.

Why do I even try?

G

You could try looking in the BIOS and see if you can assign the PCI slots certain IRQ's. A lot of BIOS's I've seen have this feature but I've had mixed success with it.

Free us from these chains, let us slip these bonds and touch the sky with our imagination.

G

you could probably even reassign the IRQ's through windows- i had to mix and match for a while to get my 2 ethernets, sb live, and scsi card to work all at once- if windows won't change it, it should be in bios