What Games Do You Recommend?

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some good PC games. I don't really care for shooter games, and don't want anything rated M. Thanks!

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
1) civ 4 ( This will eat lot's time)

2) C&C 3 ( A good RTS game)

3) Simcity 4 ( It's old, but fun.)

4) Supreme commander 1 ( The first one is way better then #2. This game is both fun and it looks good.)

5) If you are ok with over kill DRM then starcraft 2.

Thats all I can think of for now. ( I some times wish that shooter games did not take away alot of the good not shooter games.)

It is one of many "4X" games.

Explore
Expand
Exterminate
Exploit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4X

Civ 4 was a decent game, but limited for me. There is "only" a maximum of 512 cities in total for all combined civilizations. That a lot for most people I guess, but I play on a huge world with vast continents. My civilization would number over 300 cities, with the competition taking up the rest for a total of 512 cities. At that point there was still about 40% of the world that could be populated by more cities if it were not for the 512 city limit in the game.

You can finish a game in a week or two if you play in small world. Due to the style I play it took about 5 - 6 months to finish a game. Only played the game twice due to the city limitation.

I like Galactic Civilization 2 which is another 4X game and is much better especially due to the more advanced AI (artificial intelligence).

The OP is not looking for shooter games.

G

I wouldn't consider any of the GTA games as shooters for the most part. In my time of playing them, I rarely if ever pick up a gun and lay waste to anything. Its sad they are rated M, but from a fun perspective I can find tons of things to do that aren't violent. Dirt 2 is a fun, relaxed style of racing game if your into that type of thing. I'm bummed that they haven't ported Gran Turismo to the PC, those games were awesome on the old PS2.

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Galactic civilization 2 is a good game too. It does have better AI.

I have got a few more:

1) Star trek armada 2 if you can find it for less than $20. (It's a good fun and fast RTS. The AI are not all that good and It's rare and old. )

2) C&C zero hour. ( This game is old too, but not rare.)

3) Star wars empire at war gold. ( It's not too old and the space battle's are fun.)

TRENDING THREADS