Help games lagging on Custom PC?

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Hello, When i say Lag, I mean not playable like GTA IV 20-30FPS, Metro 2033 20-30FPS, Borderlands 20-30FPS. etc. I have all drivers etc up to date, not viruses spyware, no uneccesary processes, my specs are, AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE, Asus RADEON HD 6950, Asus Crosshair formula IV, 8GB of special ops ram, 650W PSU. help please :( I dont know what to do...

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Yep bad fps considering the card.
Monitor your temps with HW monitor to start with.
Also, remove your current drivers, clean the registry then re install them or any latest available.

Uther39

Distinguished
Ok i notice on your underload picture, your CPU fan is registered and is spinning at nearly 3500 RPM, this seems very very high to me,what cooler are you running on your CPU, is it seated correctly ? This could be a reason, and your CPU could be throttling back to protect itself.

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I'am using the stock cooler provided by with the CPU... I doubt it's spinning at 3500RPM it's probably not giving proper results. http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp118/nervz123/Temps-1.jpg CPU-z and HWmontior with GPU-z. 2nd BIOS Readings. http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp118/nervz123/IMG_0394.jpg . http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp118/nervz123/IMG_0393.jpg . I will reply in the morning now since its 1Am must sleep. Please post as much as you can to help me out, I have been frustrated for several weeks because of this problems... !?

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
GTA IV is cpu depended and a bad port. You need about 20 patches for it to run properly. If you haven't installed the patches do so.
Metro in dx 11 all on high are heavy on the gpu. Run it in dx 10 mode and have a look.
You got a 6950 flash it to a 6970.

Lol I did flash it, but it's a bit pointless it made no difference to the FPS. GTA IV is patched and up to date, i get were you're comign from playing metro 2033 in Dx10, I mean no offence but if i wanted to play it in DX10 I would'nt of spent as much money... Though I digress. I did play it in DX10 it makes a significant difference though theres still that annoying stuttering.

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Huh? Wait I'm confused... Are you sure you read my post properly? ASUS Radeon HD 6950 as far as I know it's 2GB of GDDR5 memory on the GPU....

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I know, I wasn't questioning your superiority, and intelligence. Obviously you know more than me, but the problem is that I tried these games without any antivirus, plus ESET is so quiet in terms of eating resources, it's like I dont even have antivirus installed. No I'm a 100% sure all Radeon HD 6950's come with 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM. Anyways, as far as the CPU is concerned I have a HEX core CPU so it's still a bit baffling... I doubt you need more than GTX 470 to run metro 2033 at max settings. Lol

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I clearly stated it was a ASUS Radeon HD 6950, so I dont know why you're linking me to a sapphire card o_o. Lol. Anyways moving on topic, scanning with malware bytes won't make a difference my computer was recently formatted a couple of days ago. i've scanned with several different programs, defragged yesterday night. By superiority I wasn't being sarcastic, I was referring to your knowledge, as your profile states you are an addict? So you should have more knowledge than me on these subjects etc. http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/126962492671BZgJ5ZxI_3_6.gif . That should emphasize my point enough, I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a 12 year old moany kid, but after spending so much money and trying to find a solution for over a month, wouldn't everyone be as frustrated? Won't dowgrading drivers cause distress for the game, as everyone I've searched everyone emphasizes having the "latest drivers" though I would give anything to make the games run properly :). Yes I know AMD are stubborn, as far as drivers go... But you get what you pay for so....

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
He linked you to a sapphire card since you said that your 100% sure that all 6950 have 2gb Vram... therefore he proved you wrong... and i have no clue whats going on but how old is your graphics card? could it possibly be undervolted or something? and what's your PSU? maybe it's not giving enough power for everything.

TheHobbitGamer

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Not really, he said that he thought I had a 1GB card, meaning he didn't bother reading my first post... Just like you haven't read the first post...