Sign in with
Your question

Minecraft Problems

Last response: in Video Games
March 5, 2011 11:54:38 PM

I have been playing Minecraft for awhile now but ever since I changed my graphics cards I have been having the same problem. The game goes to a black screen and I have to try and close the program 3 times. Upon trying to close Minecraft the 3rd time I recieve the message JAVA(TM) PLATFORM SE BINARY IS NOT RESPONDING. I am also getting worse framerates than with my old graphics cards. The frame rate goes from 50fps to 130fps with spikes up to 450fps. I do not know what to do but if I play on normal draw distance ithe game plays fine but it is very annoying that i can not play at its best.

Any help is appreciated!

More about : minecraft problems

a b U Graphics card
March 6, 2011 12:07:16 AM

have you updated your graphic cards drivers? do you have the current version of java?
m
l
March 6, 2011 6:08:22 PM

I need to update my Nvidia drivers but I am not sure if it is the same as updating Radeon drivers so I am a bit concerned. I notice under control panel that there are alot more options than just what Radeon had. Instead of just something like CCC with Radeon, i get things like:
Nvidia Graphics Driver 263.09, Nvidia Drivers, Nvidia Performance, Nvidia 3D Vision Driver 263.09, Nvidia HD Audio Driver 1.1.9.0, and Nvidia PhysX System Software 9.10.0514.
I am not sure if I have to uninstall all these, driver sweeper, then install new package or just uninstall the Graphics driver and install the new package or just install the new package without uninstalling anything.
m
l
March 10, 2011 2:25:49 AM

Ok so I updated the Drivers and the game ran great for about 3 in a half hours but after that I got the same SE BINARY message. I played agian the next day and i got hte message after about 40 minutes.
m
l
!