Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Samsung i600 Smartphone -vs- Kyocera 7135 Smartphone

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
October 8, 2004 5:39:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons for
me ..

Thanks in advance....
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 8, 2004 7:09:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

BIlly wrote:
> Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
> can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and
> cons for me ..

I have the Kyocera 7135. I like it a lot. The downside is that it
appears to be nearing "end of life" as far as VZW goes. Mainly
means that you may not be able to buy from them any more. They
never really did much of a job with support on this phone/palm.

I'm not sure about the 600 feature set but the Kyocera has:

* tri-mode (includes analog)
* SD/MMC expansion card slot
* MP3 player (support for 3rd party player)
* flip
* good integration of phone side to palm side
* (small point) antenna length is 1/2 wave instead of 1/4
* no camera (big plus for me. not sure if 600 has one).

* Plam OS is 4.1

There are forums for both at www.pdaphonehome.com
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 10, 2004 12:44:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:39:28 -0700, "BIlly"
<billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
>can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons for
>me ..

Well, main difference is Windows v.s. Palm. I'd rather not have a
phone with a control alt delete key, so I went with the Palm. Long
time 6035 user, now 7135 user.
--
To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 10, 2004 6:48:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

i600 has some nice things going for it, and for me some very strong
negatives. You have to decide what you want from a pdaphone to see where
these things fall for you.

i600 positives
-very nice hires display
-profiles that work work with the calendar settings (a huge plus)
-direct syncing with ms outlook for contact, calendar
- compact (for a pdaphone), pocketable (I hate clips, cases)
- voice command that was unbelieveably good

i600 negatives
- poor caller id
- Gremlins everywhere (made for quirky behavior sometimes)
- Sluggish response to user inputs
- Lockups that required battery removal to reset (it is Windows you know)
- terrible outgoing audio quality with headphone jack. I tried many
headsets, on multiple i600's. Very bad when you have to use handsfree (a
major problem with this phone)
- moody activesync. Never knew when it was going to work or not. Often
required repeat tries.
- T9. What a miserable way to reply to emails and enter info.

I'm sure there's more for both lists, but these were what comes immeditely
to mind.

BTW- I finally gave up on the i600 after 3 replacements, even after
upgrading to 2003 and now use the Treo 600. I had to giveup profiles and
voice command with the Treo (and I do miss them a lot). But I have
dependability, access to a zillion third-party apps to add functionality and
productivity. And best of all, a real qwerty keyboard. This things an email
demon.




"BIlly" <billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:CPC9d.15883$a85.6668@fed1read04...
> Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
> can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons
> for
> me ..
>
> Thanks in advance....
>
>
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 14, 2004 12:09:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I've got teh i600 as well. In theory its a great phone, but its just
implemented in the worst possible way...

I have to take the battery out to restart the thing about once a day. The
menus are very sluggish, and since upgrading to 2003 the display doesn't
come on someitmes when you flip it open.

For anyone who has gone through the hell of having this phone, did
complaining to VZW help at all? I'd love to get the cost of the phone
applied as a credit on my account to get a new phone or to pay for
service...I've had the thing for about 5 or 6 months and can't take it
anymore!






"dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote in message
news:KfWdndCz56-TD_TcRVn-iA@comcast.com...
> i600 has some nice things going for it, and for me some very strong
> negatives. You have to decide what you want from a pdaphone to see where
> these things fall for you.
>
> i600 positives
> -very nice hires display
> -profiles that work work with the calendar settings (a huge plus)
> -direct syncing with ms outlook for contact, calendar
> - compact (for a pdaphone), pocketable (I hate clips, cases)
> - voice command that was unbelieveably good
>
> i600 negatives
> - poor caller id
> - Gremlins everywhere (made for quirky behavior sometimes)
> - Sluggish response to user inputs
> - Lockups that required battery removal to reset (it is Windows you know)
> - terrible outgoing audio quality with headphone jack. I tried many
> headsets, on multiple i600's. Very bad when you have to use handsfree (a
> major problem with this phone)
> - moody activesync. Never knew when it was going to work or not. Often
> required repeat tries.
> - T9. What a miserable way to reply to emails and enter info.
>
> I'm sure there's more for both lists, but these were what comes immeditely
> to mind.
>
> BTW- I finally gave up on the i600 after 3 replacements, even after
> upgrading to 2003 and now use the Treo 600. I had to giveup profiles and
> voice command with the Treo (and I do miss them a lot). But I have
> dependability, access to a zillion third-party apps to add functionality
and
> productivity. And best of all, a real qwerty keyboard. This things an
email
> demon.
>
>
>
>
> "BIlly" <billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:CPC9d.15883$a85.6668@fed1read04...
> > Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
> > can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons
> > for
> > me ..
> >
> > Thanks in advance....
> >
> >
>
>
October 16, 2004 5:25:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:44:51 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

snip......
> Well, main difference is Windows v.s. Palm. I'd rather not have a
> phone with a control alt delete key, so I went with the Palm. Long
> time 6035 user, now 7135 user.

But looking past the control-alt-delete key, I was considering upgrade my
Kyo 6035 to the i700, since the i700 is from the same Samsung family, do you
recommend to stay on the palm side and just upgrade the 6035 to the 7135 or
go ahead with the i700?
TIA,
Me
--
"..........Most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 16, 2004 1:40:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:25:24 +0000, Me wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:44:51 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
>
> snip......
>> Well, main difference is Windows v.s. Palm. I'd rather not have a phone
>> with a control alt delete key, so I went with the Palm. Long time 6035
>> user, now 7135 user.
>
> But looking past the control-alt-delete key, I was considering upgrade my
> Kyo 6035 to the i700, since the i700 is from the same Samsung family, do
> you recommend to stay on the palm side and just upgrade the 6035 to the
> 7135 or go ahead with the i700?

As far as I can tell, the only CDMA PDA phones with analog are the 6035
and 7135, neither of which is available. So stick with the 6035 until
Verizon gets around to replacing it.

What I want in a phone:
Strong Tri-Mode reception (sometimes analog is all that works!)
PDA
Easy to read display
Basic GPS functionality (location, waypoints, etc.)

--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 16, 2004 6:05:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Begin Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX quote:

; As far as I can tell, the only CDMA PDA phones with analog are the 6035
; and 7135, neither of which is available. So stick with the 6035 until
; Verizon gets around to replacing it.

My Kyo 7135 has never been able to "locate" an analog signal when it
looses digital despite being told to fall back to one and being in an
area I know has analog coverage.

I eventually disabled the analog search to save battery life.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol

"It is not Reaganesque to support a tax plan that is Clinton in
nature." George W. Bush, Los Angeles, Feb. 23, 2000
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 18, 2004 1:05:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> Begin Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX quote:
>
> ; As far as I can tell, the only CDMA PDA phones with analog are the
> 6035 ; and 7135, neither of which is available. So stick with the
> 6035 until ; Verizon gets around to replacing it.
>
> My Kyo 7135 has never been able to "locate" an analog signal when it
> looses digital despite being told to fall back to one and being in an
> area I know has analog coverage.
>
> I eventually disabled the analog search to save battery life.

Mine falls back to analog just fine. battery only lasts about a
half day on analog...

-Quick
October 24, 2004 2:52:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

You sound like a broken record that I own. I complained for the SAME
problems with the horrible "upgrade" to 2003. This phone is for the
dogs but the problem is there is no other PDA phone to get with
Verizon. The Treo 600 requires a $400+ basic data plan just to use the
Internet and does not use the 1X network using your time like the i600
does. The Kyocera is a true, old POS. What's left is the Samsung i700,
which is a huge brick.

They can talk quality all they want but they test these phones no more
than any other company at Verizon. In fact, I'm wondering if they do
as good a job as others since they are so confident in the quality of
their network... so their phones are inferior. Great.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:09:27 -0400, "A V" <vazirani@seas.upenn.edu>
wrote:

>I've got teh i600 as well. In theory its a great phone, but its just
>implemented in the worst possible way...
>
>I have to take the battery out to restart the thing about once a day. The
>menus are very sluggish, and since upgrading to 2003 the display doesn't
>come on someitmes when you flip it open.
>
>For anyone who has gone through the hell of having this phone, did
>complaining to VZW help at all? I'd love to get the cost of the phone
>applied as a credit on my account to get a new phone or to pay for
>service...I've had the thing for about 5 or 6 months and can't take it
>anymore!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>"dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote in message
>news:KfWdndCz56-TD_TcRVn-iA@comcast.com...
>> i600 has some nice things going for it, and for me some very strong
>> negatives. You have to decide what you want from a pdaphone to see where
>> these things fall for you.
>>
>> i600 positives
>> -very nice hires display
>> -profiles that work work with the calendar settings (a huge plus)
>> -direct syncing with ms outlook for contact, calendar
>> - compact (for a pdaphone), pocketable (I hate clips, cases)
>> - voice command that was unbelieveably good
>>
>> i600 negatives
>> - poor caller id
>> - Gremlins everywhere (made for quirky behavior sometimes)
>> - Sluggish response to user inputs
>> - Lockups that required battery removal to reset (it is Windows you know)
>> - terrible outgoing audio quality with headphone jack. I tried many
>> headsets, on multiple i600's. Very bad when you have to use handsfree (a
>> major problem with this phone)
>> - moody activesync. Never knew when it was going to work or not. Often
>> required repeat tries.
>> - T9. What a miserable way to reply to emails and enter info.
>>
>> I'm sure there's more for both lists, but these were what comes immeditely
>> to mind.
>>
>> BTW- I finally gave up on the i600 after 3 replacements, even after
>> upgrading to 2003 and now use the Treo 600. I had to giveup profiles and
>> voice command with the Treo (and I do miss them a lot). But I have
>> dependability, access to a zillion third-party apps to add functionality
>and
>> productivity. And best of all, a real qwerty keyboard. This things an
>email
>> demon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "BIlly" <billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:CPC9d.15883$a85.6668@fed1read04...
>> > Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
>> > can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons
>> > for
>> > me ..
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance....
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
October 24, 2004 2:54:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The "email" demon comes at a price of $50 per month compared to
Sprints $10 Internet plan. I am so furious that I'll have to spend
approximately $600 more with Verizon -- costing more than this old
Treo -- just to use it on the Verizon network for email.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:48:34 -0500, "dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote:

>i600 has some nice things going for it, and for me some very strong
>negatives. You have to decide what you want from a pdaphone to see where
>these things fall for you.
>
>i600 positives
>-very nice hires display
>-profiles that work work with the calendar settings (a huge plus)
>-direct syncing with ms outlook for contact, calendar
>- compact (for a pdaphone), pocketable (I hate clips, cases)
>- voice command that was unbelieveably good
>
>i600 negatives
>- poor caller id
>- Gremlins everywhere (made for quirky behavior sometimes)
>- Sluggish response to user inputs
>- Lockups that required battery removal to reset (it is Windows you know)
>- terrible outgoing audio quality with headphone jack. I tried many
>headsets, on multiple i600's. Very bad when you have to use handsfree (a
>major problem with this phone)
>- moody activesync. Never knew when it was going to work or not. Often
>required repeat tries.
>- T9. What a miserable way to reply to emails and enter info.
>
>I'm sure there's more for both lists, but these were what comes immeditely
>to mind.
>
>BTW- I finally gave up on the i600 after 3 replacements, even after
>upgrading to 2003 and now use the Treo 600. I had to giveup profiles and
>voice command with the Treo (and I do miss them a lot). But I have
>dependability, access to a zillion third-party apps to add functionality and
>productivity. And best of all, a real qwerty keyboard. This things an email
>demon.
>
>
>
>
>"BIlly" <billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:CPC9d.15883$a85.6668@fed1read04...
>> Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
>> can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons
>> for
>> me ..
>>
>> Thanks in advance....
>>
>>
>
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 25, 2004 12:09:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Not true at all.


"Marc" <slinkySPAMREatMOVEMEnewsguydotREMOVEcom> wrote in message
news:legnn0pdkjlg97uq17kbl2s5ivc5qvv604@4ax.com...
> The "email" demon comes at a price of $50 per month compared to
> Sprints $10 Internet plan. I am so furious that I'll have to spend
> approximately $600 more with Verizon -- costing more than this old
> Treo -- just to use it on the Verizon network for email.
>
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:48:34 -0500, "dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote:
>
>>i600 has some nice things going for it, and for me some very strong
>>negatives. You have to decide what you want from a pdaphone to see where
>>these things fall for you.
>>
>>i600 positives
>>-very nice hires display
>>-profiles that work work with the calendar settings (a huge plus)
>>-direct syncing with ms outlook for contact, calendar
>>- compact (for a pdaphone), pocketable (I hate clips, cases)
>>- voice command that was unbelieveably good
>>
>>i600 negatives
>>- poor caller id
>>- Gremlins everywhere (made for quirky behavior sometimes)
>>- Sluggish response to user inputs
>>- Lockups that required battery removal to reset (it is Windows you know)
>>- terrible outgoing audio quality with headphone jack. I tried many
>>headsets, on multiple i600's. Very bad when you have to use handsfree (a
>>major problem with this phone)
>>- moody activesync. Never knew when it was going to work or not. Often
>>required repeat tries.
>>- T9. What a miserable way to reply to emails and enter info.
>>
>>I'm sure there's more for both lists, but these were what comes immeditely
>>to mind.
>>
>>BTW- I finally gave up on the i600 after 3 replacements, even after
>>upgrading to 2003 and now use the Treo 600. I had to giveup profiles and
>>voice command with the Treo (and I do miss them a lot). But I have
>>dependability, access to a zillion third-party apps to add functionality
>>and
>>productivity. And best of all, a real qwerty keyboard. This things an
>>email
>>demon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>"BIlly" <billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:CPC9d.15883$a85.6668@fed1read04...
>>> Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
>>> can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and cons
>>> for
>>> me ..
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance....
>>>
>>>
>>
>
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 25, 2004 1:45:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Personally, I'll stick with the Kyocera 7135 - works better, IMO, hasn't
shown any tendencies to be "flaky", phone quality is excellent, it's
tri-mode, voice dialing is excellent AND Kyocera handsfree full duplex
system that is voice commanded works great and is, IMO, superior to any
other such system I've seen. PDA functions, including some third party date
book improvements and Pocket Quicken are flawless. Syncs with Outlook
flawlessly....! Hard to find anything to complain about....!

Buy one in good condition on eBay and you, too, can have a solid
performer......

PC

"dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote in message
news:qsidnbiBRPD9z-HcRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
| Not true at all.
|
|
| "Marc" <slinkySPAMREatMOVEMEnewsguydotREMOVEcom> wrote in message
| news:legnn0pdkjlg97uq17kbl2s5ivc5qvv604@4ax.com...
| > The "email" demon comes at a price of $50 per month compared to
| > Sprints $10 Internet plan. I am so furious that I'll have to spend
| > approximately $600 more with Verizon -- costing more than this old
| > Treo -- just to use it on the Verizon network for email.
| >
| > On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:48:34 -0500, "dg" <dg@isp.net> wrote:
| >
| >>i600 has some nice things going for it, and for me some very strong
| >>negatives. You have to decide what you want from a pdaphone to see where
| >>these things fall for you.
| >>
| >>i600 positives
| >>-very nice hires display
| >>-profiles that work work with the calendar settings (a huge plus)
| >>-direct syncing with ms outlook for contact, calendar
| >>- compact (for a pdaphone), pocketable (I hate clips, cases)
| >>- voice command that was unbelieveably good
| >>
| >>i600 negatives
| >>- poor caller id
| >>- Gremlins everywhere (made for quirky behavior sometimes)
| >>- Sluggish response to user inputs
| >>- Lockups that required battery removal to reset (it is Windows you
know)
| >>- terrible outgoing audio quality with headphone jack. I tried many
| >>headsets, on multiple i600's. Very bad when you have to use handsfree (a
| >>major problem with this phone)
| >>- moody activesync. Never knew when it was going to work or not. Often
| >>required repeat tries.
| >>- T9. What a miserable way to reply to emails and enter info.
| >>
| >>I'm sure there's more for both lists, but these were what comes
immeditely
| >>to mind.
| >>
| >>BTW- I finally gave up on the i600 after 3 replacements, even after
| >>upgrading to 2003 and now use the Treo 600. I had to giveup profiles and
| >>voice command with the Treo (and I do miss them a lot). But I have
| >>dependability, access to a zillion third-party apps to add functionality
| >>and
| >>productivity. And best of all, a real qwerty keyboard. This things an
| >>email
| >>demon.
| >>
| >>
| >>
| >>
| >>"BIlly" <billyjoebob5remove-Me-@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| >>news:CPC9d.15883$a85.6668@fed1read04...
| >>> Im looking for a better phone and I've decided on the above two
| >>> can some users of the listed phones shed some light on the pros and
cons
| >>> for
| >>> me ..
| >>>
| >>> Thanks in advance....
| >>>
| >>>
| >>
| >
|
|
October 26, 2004 4:15:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:45:36 -0700, Proconsul wrote:

> Personally, I'll stick with the Kyocera 7135 - works better, IMO, hasn't
> shown any tendencies to be "flaky", phone quality is excellent, it's
> tri-mode, voice dialing is excellent AND Kyocera handsfree full duplex
> system that is voice commanded works great and is, IMO, superior to any
> other such system I've seen. PDA functions, including some third party date
> book improvements and Pocket Quicken are flawless. Syncs with Outlook
> flawlessly....! Hard to find anything to complain about....!
>
> Buy one in good condition on eBay and you, too, can have a solid
> performer......
>
> PC
>
So... do you recomend the 7135 over the Samnsung i700, then?

Me
--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 26, 2004 4:15:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Me" <spamsome1@else.net> wrote in message
news:lm49laacqbvx$.fyfqeth76b01.dlg@40tude.net...
| On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:45:36 -0700, Proconsul wrote:
|
| > Personally, I'll stick with the Kyocera 7135 - works better, IMO, hasn't
| > shown any tendencies to be "flaky", phone quality is excellent, it's
| > tri-mode, voice dialing is excellent AND Kyocera handsfree full duplex
| > system that is voice commanded works great and is, IMO, superior to any
| > other such system I've seen. PDA functions, including some third party
date
| > book improvements and Pocket Quicken are flawless. Syncs with Outlook
| > flawlessly....! Hard to find anything to complain about....!
| >
| > Buy one in good condition on eBay and you, too, can have a solid
| > performer......
| >
| > PC
| >
| So... do you recomend the 7135 over the Samnsung i700, then?

Others will disagree, but I think the 7135 is the best SmartPhone
available - the others are too "glitzy" and not tri-mode.....

PC




|
| Me
| --
| "..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
| be...." A. Lincoln
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 26, 2004 4:15:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Me wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:45:36 -0700, Proconsul wrote:
>
>> Personally, I'll stick with the Kyocera 7135 - works better, IMO,
>> hasn't shown any tendencies to be "flaky", phone quality is
>> excellent, it's tri-mode, voice dialing is excellent AND Kyocera
>> handsfree full duplex system that is voice commanded works great
>> and is, IMO, superior to any other such system I've seen. PDA
>> functions, including some third party date book improvements and
>> Pocket Quicken are flawless. Syncs with Outlook flawlessly....! Hard
>> to find anything to complain about....!
>>
>> Buy one in good condition on eBay and you, too, can have a solid
>> performer......
>>
>> PC
>>
> So... do you recomend the 7135 over the Samnsung i700, then?

I do but I've got a lot of history and investment in Palm experience and
apps.
I haven't heard much good about windows on PDAs/pocket PCs.

-Quick
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 26, 2004 4:56:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Begin Proconsul quote:

; | So... do you recomend the 7135 over the Samnsung i700, then?

The i700 is a Windows Smartphone, right? I'd rather use anything else.
I do own and use the 7135.

; Others will disagree, but I think the 7135 is the best SmartPhone
; available - the others are too "glitzy" and not tri-mode.....

My only real wish for the 7135 is that it has a hires display. Maybe
we'll get lucky and Kyocera will add one to their next smartphone. A
7135 form factor with OS5 or 6, a hires display, and NO camera. And
maybe a thumbpad instead of Graffiti. I have no need for BT or WiFi,
but if those are there I can turn them off or find something to do with
them.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol

"Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth
of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters.
The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such
values in America. And I- it's- I'm a proud man to be the nation based
upon such wonderful values." - George W. Bush, at the Jefferson
Memorial, Jul 2, 2001
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 26, 2004 2:22:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> My only real wish for the 7135 is that it has a hires display. Maybe
> we'll get lucky and Kyocera will add one to their next smartphone. A
> 7135 form factor with OS5 or 6, a hires display, and NO camera. And
> maybe a thumbpad instead of Graffiti. I have no need for BT or WiFi,
> but if those are there I can turn them off or find something to do
> with them.

Ewwww, no thumbpad please (dead weight).

-Quick
October 27, 2004 4:54:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:54:45 -0700, Quick wrote:

>> So... do you recomend the 7135 over the Samnsung i700, then?
>
> I do but I've got a lot of history and investment in Palm experience and
> apps.
> I haven't heard much good about windows on PDAs/pocket PCs.
>
> -Quick
The 7135 it is then, off i go to the vw store! thanks so much for you
feedback!

Me
--
"..........most folks are about as happy as they make up to their minds to
be...." A. Lincoln
!