I have a L-2266WD 22\

rabc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
I have a L-2266WD 22" LCD computer monitor. I have bought many leads DVI and VGA none seem to work. Where am i going wrong? Hv even tried to connect using the internet. Nothing i do seems to work. Can someone please help????

CopaMundial

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

What are you trying to connect it to (what video card do you have)?

And the DVI cable that you have, which of the following photos does it look like?

181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

CopaMundial

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
HDMI interface includes a security / copy protection feature called 'HDCP'.
Some, but not all, DVI interfaces support that. I haven't been able to figure out if the L-2266WD has that or not. But if it doesn't then it will not work.

Here are some things to try.
With the PS3 running, and cable connected to your monitor, unplug your monitor power cable and then plug it back in and turn on monitor. Do you get any beeps or flashing when you plug it back in or turn it on?

If that doesn't work with your monitor powered on try to press the power button on the monitor and hold it for maybe 10 sec. Do you get any beeps or flashing then?

rabc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Yes!! When i turn it on (Holding the reset until the 2nd beep) with both DVI and TV-Scart leads connected it comes up on tv. . . .. . .

"An available HDMI device was detected. Do you want to output video and audio using HDMI?"
When i hit yes the monitor does change to a different shade of black, but thats it! So how do i get round this HDCP problem? .. . ..If thats what it is!!!!!

CopaMundial

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Is there a button to change input or source?
If so I would try pressing that to see if you get anything.

If not then start out with it set up so you're watching TV. Then disconnect the SCART connection (you should lose picture obviously).
Then do the same steps you did to get that message to display. It may just be confused between the two inputs.

rabc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
There is no input source change button and hv tried it without the TV connected with the same results!!

Is there a decoding or transfer box that im missing if it is a HDCP problem?

Hv spent a fortune on different leads so far so am not gona let my efforts be in vain. . .lol