Sign in with
Your question

MSN Gaming Zone problems

Last response: in Video Games
March 6, 2011 11:36:45 PM

Hello. Cannot solve problem, despite following all I can find on MSN game help pages.
Have a nickname and been playing the free games for many months - now, over the last 4 days, cannot sign in! Keep getting directed to a purple screen with the following message:
You have reached this page due to errors in your authentication
You may choose among the following zone sites to continue
. I don't know, or none of the above
. I was trying to buy a game (no, I wasn't)
. I was trying to play a game on Zone.com (not as far as I am aware)
. I was trying to play a game in MSN Messenger (no I wasn't)

If I click on ".I don't know, or none of the above" I just get directed back to the home page - try to sign in again, no luck, just back to the purple screen with the aforementioned messages

Try help pages again (accessed from home page) - have deleted cookies, temp files, etc., made sure Active X controls are enabled, the box concerning cookies in Internet options is not checked - still cannot sign in.

Daft thing is, I can play all the games I normally do, provided I don't try and sign in. Ridiculous, because I cannot add to my badge collection and cannot access my account details. Has anyone got any ideas on this issue? I am now completely baffled - my Windows Live ID works on Facebook and everywhere else, so why is it no longer usable on MSN games? Any help/suggestions, please!
April 6, 2012 11:45:37 PM

I've been having the same problem for the past few weeks. I cannot find a solution anywhere. Please let me know when you do.

JaneyAtHome said:
Hello. Cannot solve problem, despite following all I can find on MSN game help pages.
Have a nickname and been playing the free games for many months - now, over the last 4 days, cannot sign in! Keep getting directed to a purple screen with the following message:
You have reached this page due to errors in your authentication
You may choose among the following zone sites to continue
. I don't know, or none of the above
. I was trying to buy a game (no, I wasn't)
. I was trying to play a game on Zone.com (not as far as I am aware)
. I was trying to play a game in MSN Messenger (no I wasn't)

If I click on ".I don't know, or none of the above" I just get directed back to the home page - try to sign in again, no luck, just back to the purple screen with the aforementioned messages

Try help pages again (accessed from home page) - have deleted cookies, temp files, etc., made sure Active X controls are enabled, the box concerning cookies in Internet options is not checked - still cannot sign in.

Daft thing is, I can play all the games I normally do, provided I don't try and sign in. Ridiculous, because I cannot add to my badge collection and cannot access my account details. Has anyone got any ideas on this issue? I am now completely baffled - my Windows Live ID works on Facebook and everywhere else, so why is it no longer usable on MSN games? Any help/suggestions, please!

April 9, 2012 2:59:43 PM

kotincandy said:
I've been having the same problem for the past few weeks. I cannot find a solution anywhere. Please let me know when you do.

Hi,
Sorry to hear you have the same "maddening" issues! I am not an expert, so followed advice given to me. You should find the info in the threads as I cannot remember exactly what I did and didn't do now!

Also - removing Java from my pc and then re-installing it from scratch seemed to make a lot of difference. This is the strangest of all - and I cannot explain why it should have made any difference - perhaps there were "conflicts" in my system which further compounded the problems.

In addition, ensure that pop-ups for MSN Zone are not blocked - I found that my AVG Internet Security software was preventing MSN Zone from working correctly.

Hope this helps.
JaneyAtHome
!