Bulletstorm.....worth a shot?

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
After having played games like Crysis, Avp, Metro 2033, COD Series, etc, will Bulletstorm be a disappointment? Just looking for some feedback from people who have played the game.

As always, appreciate it!

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Thanks man, for the views.
The retail version here is for 1,000 INR, which is app. $22.18 as per the exchange rate! :D
Now that we have the price issue sorted, how's the gameplay as compared to the better, more tried and tested games?

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

I enjoyed it, would say that you might. Disliked the no jumping, because I like the jump feature in "shoot em' up" games. So, if you like arcade based kill em all games like Painkiller, you'll enjoy this.

brandoncatz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I dug it. Beat it and moved on, but I thought the graphics were cool and I enjoyed being rewarded for inventive kills. Boss battles were good, 2. Also, I didn't really miss not being able to jump.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Hmm....Dead Space also has the 'no jump' thingy. Wasn't that bad after you got used to it. I do like the jumping feature though. Guess it'd be a good idea to go ahead with it then. Perhaps Crysis 2 first and then Bulletstorm? Both are the same price here. :)

xxm4ch1nexx

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

Tbh Bulletstorm is a lot of fun for 5 minutes then all of a sudden you start to notice all of the little bugs and glitches.

I think I have spent more time trying to fix all these issues than actually playing the game!

Now if it wasnt for the gfwl stupid drm I could at least trade-in this excruciatingly short bug ridden game!

If I were you I would replay some of the games you already own rather than waste your money and time on this.

xxm4ch1nexx

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

I couldnt agree more I keep having to remind myself why I purchased 2 dx11 5850's when I could have just kept my single 4850! heck even my baby 4650 could run crysis 2 maxed!

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
So you people really think that Crytek team won't release dx11 patch for Crysis 2?
Just wait and see and then you will realize it's true graphic and power.
Talking about the gameplay, I enjoyed it more than any of the shooter games present there. It is way better than Black ops or anyother game that you people think is better than Crysis 2.
Bulletstorm is really boring game,it should have been better.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

It's enjoyable when people take one game and try and make it 'the best game.' There is no way Crysis 2 would be considered the best FPS title as it simply didn't reinvent anything. Sure it may perform better compared to the original Crysis games, but what's to say dx11 will? In my opinion, even the FEAR (including FEAR 2) series is more enjoyable over Crysis 2 if we're talking about the singleplayer aspects. Even a game like Bulletstorm that doesn't look as good seems to be enjoyable to play over Crysis 2.

Is it the best, no. It can't really be the best due to different opinions, as I never liked the controls in the game being my mainpoint.

i really enjoyed it. as i am classed as an older gamer now i do have the experience to tell a good game from a bad 1 bulletstorm campaign is 1 of the better 1s out there atm. in fact theres little out there that can touch it for fast furious game play.
add in the multiplayer with a few m8's with headsets and it goes from good to great.

well worth the asking price on pc, on console not so much.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Are you people just kidding me?
I am not a big fan of Crysis series but comparing it with the game like Fear and considering it being better than Crysis 2 is just pathetic. The single player campaign of Crysis 2 is awesome and the level designing is great. The gameplay is really fast and atleast makes sense when we are playing it. And by the way thanks for editing it for me, i almost forgot to add 'BEST FPS EVER'.

EDIT-
And by the way i have played all cod games, BFBC2, bulletstorm etc.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

How is calling the FEAR series better than Crysis 2's singleplayer pathetic? Just because Crysis 2 is newer doesn't mean it's better, and in many cases I found FEAR extremely more enjoyable since it was mainly focused on the singleplayer experiance and picked up multiplayer later on as a secondary project. The way expansions linked with one another was well done as well, mixed in with the AI actually being stable for it's time. Along with that, graphics were both impressive and optimal for many computers. In my opinion, the FEAR series singleplayer was far better.

It makes me feel like you've never played Crysis 2, as you did the more generic statement of why a game is better. Level design, if that's your only reason as to why it's better then you're a joke. If you're going to continue with, "Graphics were really awesome." or, "The characters had real design." then it doesn't help your case.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I have played FEAR and there was nothing great about it. The game was really boring after a few missions and nothing was making sense what the hell was going on there. I have played many games and i know my decision of calling it one of the best game i've ever played. I think comparing FEAR with Crysis 2 is really a insult for Crysis 2.
I have already finished Crysis 2 and many other games like METRO 2033 and many more.

The question is this have you played Crysis 2?

fear 1 got very repetitive but was a classic of its time. fear 2 was much more precise in its approach but seemed a little to clinical in its execution, where fear often had random events with its ai who would hunt you. in fear 2 you could pretty much tell where the bad guys were gonna be if you got killed so made killing them the next time round easier.

crytec have always struggled with gameplay in there games and is why there previous incarnation went bust. crysis was poor as far as gameplay went it wasnt exactly boring but it didnt pull you in and keep you playing like fear did. warhead was a step in the rite direction as they made the game much tighter and more focused. again crysis 2 is another step in the rite direction but is by no means flawless in its execution. the way it was advertised i was expecting a freeform city that you could explore and use to your advantage. instead we got some very linear maps that didnt on the most part live up to the hype...
claims of being able to use the vertical nature of a city were very exaggerated to the point of being almost untrue.
the alien ai is nothing special either. at first glance they look like there acting randomly but if you just sit back and watch you can see they do have set patterns.
nah both fear and crysis have there good and bad points and both could be improved imensly IMO.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Warhead was way too easy and way to short in comparison to the first one. I haven't even made it past the first level in Crysis 2 yet, but the multiplayer is alot more fun than either of the first 2 IMO. Single player is a bit of a chore getting started but the first one was kind of like that too.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Great ideas/ opinions rolling here. I've decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Heck, the retail goes for $10 here (Rs.450) so why not!

On the issue, I've played all the Crysis series (including 2) and looking at the trailer of Bulletstorm i don't think the two can be compared. As for Fear 1, it didn't grab me as much as FEAR 2, which had a much better/ gripping storyline as well as gameplay.

As always, thanks a bunch to all!

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Sorry for the double post!

I stand corrected, the retail is still going for 900-1,000 INR, which kinda changes the whole scenario. I'm inclined to buy it, but not at that price! Perhaps there'll be a nice sale on Steam sometime soon(?).