Whats the best integrated board for Athlon/Duron?

G

Hello -

I need to build a few low cost solutions. Does anyone have any experience/success with the new integrated chipset boards (audio, AGP, Lan, etc.) for socket a, and what would you recommend? Thanks,

<font color=blue>Jim - All your base are belong to us</font color=blue> :cool:

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
QDI mainboards are good low cost solutions with integrated peripherals
Let me know how you make out, I have built a few clients low cost systems with these, never seem to have problems, boot up first try, nice smooth windows setup
=]

-sinner.

G

Just make sure the board has a upgrade AGP slot. It won't take your clients to long to come to you and complain about the poor graphics capability. Then you can remind them that they will need to get AGP video cards to improve the graphics.

Take Care.
Yes,I know I'm immature, but my goal is insanity!

G

Hey appreciate the lead. I went to QDI's web site put did not see any socket a integrated solutions, only on board audio. Am I missing something? Thanks,

G

Oh ya I agree.

After all we are tomshardware.com professionals, and would not want them to confuse us with Gateway, Dell, Compaq et al ;-)

Later,

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm looking for the same thing. Here's what I know. There are at least two chipsets for integrated boards. The via km133 and the sis 730s. The via chip is on a couple boards, and I think the sis chip will be on boards shortly. From what I gather and others say, the sis chipset is better.

As far as which manufacturer to go for....I'm still not sure.

"I think I brained my damage"

G

Hey thanks. Do you have any ideas what board maker will employ them? I know that Asus did a press release about a new product called A7VI-VM (Taiwan site) but they aren't in channel yet.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I have a thread out there somewhere from the last couple of days in which I'd found a couple makers, but basically only for the VIA chipset. Use this link to a handfull of manufacturer's sites:

http://www.sis.com.tw/products/slota/730scus.htm

I think that some companies are just about to release boards. I'm going to wait until around the 3/5 price drop to check again and make my purchase. I wish more people out there had some experience with integrated boards for AMD.

dhlucke

Polypheme
That ASUS board uses the KM133. I haven't been able to pull it up on pricewatch.com yet. What you almost have to do to get pricing is just to search through a bunch of sites. I'll cross that bridge in a couple weeks. I'm hoping more boards will show up.