Sign in with
Your question

Frustrating Problem with Multiple Keyboard/Mouse Setups

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2011 9:00:48 PM

Hey Guys,

I do a great deal of gaming on my PC and I've had an issue pop up in the last couple of weeks. Whenever I try to press a key on my keyboard and press a mouse button or move the mouse around the same time, I was noticing a lag. The game (League of Legends) wouldn't respond to my inputs and then suddenly beep several times in a row like i suddenly pressed a whole bunch of keys at once.

I had been using a wireless keyboard and mouse that was several years old, so I decided to buy a new wireless set. The same problem persisted. Again, I wasn't having this problem a few weeks ago.

The other issue I noticed that caused me alarm happens in first person games. I could not hold down the W key to walk forward and then turn using my mouse. My character will just continue walking forward, not turning, until i let go of the keys.

I've tried using a USB mouse and PS/2 keyboard and the problem still persists, which is blowing my mind. Also, while typing this I've noticed an input lag on both the wired and wireless setups. I've tried using wireless mouse/wired keyboard, wired mouse, wireless keyboard.... nothing fixes the issue. I've tried deleting my drivers for everything, still nothing.

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this issue? Without being able to game in a precise manner, my PC's useless! :) 

Here's some info on my setup if it helps at all:

Windows 7 (64 bit)
ATI Radeon HD 5670
4 Gigs Ram
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor.

I can provide any other info you may need. I really appreciate any help I can get.
March 8, 2011 4:59:10 AM

No one has anything? I'm about to wipe and reinstall windows...
m
l
March 8, 2011 11:06:26 AM

I've used dozens of devices, and never had something like this occur. Could be power related [too many devices on a single USB hub], or a shoddy driver screwing things up.

I'd manually remove all the USB drivers from the Device Manager and restart Windows. Microsoft will automatically re-download the necessary USB drivers. See if that helps...
m
l
!