Will COD 6 & 7 run on this?

Martin9630

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Hi guys, I'm just wondering whether this build will be able to run Call of Duty 6 and 7.

Which of these GPUs will run them smoothly and at what setting, I will be using a 15" monitor, might use Eyefinity.

Radeon HD 5570
Geforce GT 440
Radeon HD 5770
Geforce GTX 460 768Mb
Radeon HD 6850

Thanks in advance.

Solution
What are your complete specs? A high end GPU would serve no purpose if your CPU is gonna end up being the bottleneck.

Secondly, if you intend on using eyefinity, nVidia is not an option as eyefinity is the exclusive work of ATI.

Thirdly, if you're using a 15" monitor, I doubt your resolution will be over 1024x768, hence no point in getting a high end card.

To answer your question straight up, any/ all of the above posted cards will run COD 6 and 7. How well, is another question which can be answered only once you post more specs and requirements.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
What are your complete specs? A high end GPU would serve no purpose if your CPU is gonna end up being the bottleneck.

Secondly, if you intend on using eyefinity, nVidia is not an option as eyefinity is the exclusive work of ATI.

Thirdly, if you're using a 15" monitor, I doubt your resolution will be over 1024x768, hence no point in getting a high end card.

To answer your question straight up, any/ all of the above posted cards will run COD 6 and 7. How well, is another question which can be answered only once you post more specs and requirements.

Solution

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
You can have a multi monitor setup with Nvidia as well its simular to eyefinity its called (nvidia surround), however you will need 2 gpus to do this. Also i will recommend for multiscreen gaming you should have atleast 1.5gig to 2gig of memory per GPU.

Among all the GPUS posted above i would strongly recommend you spend a little extra and get a GTX 460 1 gb (note multi screen gaming will not be a good option with this because it only has 1 gb of ram, even if you get 2 of them it will still be 1 GB per GPU).

I would first recommend you change your display get a 24inch monitor atleast they dont cost much these days.

Let us know the rest of your systems specs.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
COD is running on a tweaked graphics engine from 2007, so you'll have no problems running the game on any of the mentioned cards, except if the resolution is higher than 1366x768 which it probably isn't on a 15" monitor.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

If he really wants to run more than one screen he should go ATI/AMD spending the money to get 2 card just for running multiple screens when a 6850 will run up to 3-4 screens is unnecessary. Also looking forward getting a 6850 now will be cheap and later you can crossfire 2 for really good performance. Though If you look around you can find a 6870 for $20-30 more and its much better IMO