Crysis 2 Demo not working anymore?

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hey all,

I downloaded Crysis 2 on March 1st and havnt had any problems with the game till today.
Today when I tried playing the game I originally got a message from my AVG Antivirus software saying that the file 'CrySystem.dll' located in 'Program Files/ Electronic Arts/ Crytek/ Crysis 2 Demo/ bin32' was a virus, this seemed rather strange as AVG has never had a problem with Crysis 2 before. So I tried playing the game anyway but I got an error message saying that the game couldnt access the CrySystem.dll file, so I went into AVG and put Crysis 2 in the list of allowed files and also set the 'Resident Shield' section of AVG to allow this. I tried playing the game again and this time I managed to get as far as the login screen. But now whenever I try logging into the game, after about 5 mins of the game trying to sign in I get an error message saying 'An error has occurred. Please check your network connectivity.' I checked that the windows firewall wasnt blocking the game either but this wasnt the case. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstall the game but this hasnt worked either. Also after going through the AVG settings and finally getting the game to at least startup I got a messgae saying I had to patch the game to 1.2 which I have done, which has also made no difference. It seems like something is blocking my internet connection to Crysis 2 as my network monitor is showing my internet speeds are never going higher than 1 or 2 KB/s when trying to sign in today (Im not sure what sort of speeds they were yesterday when the game worked but they would have been fairly higher than that). I have also tried playing the game on a different Windows account but this makes no difference.

Any ideas? Thanks

MadCow234

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011

I had this problem today as well because AVG released a database update today and it seems to be catching multiple .dll files from Crysis 2. Here is how I fixed mine. Keep in mind that my Steam folder is no longer on my C drive, so you will have to locate your Steam folder yourself. What I did was open up the AVG User Interface screen and double-clicked "Resident Shield", then clicked on the "Manage Exceptions" button in the lower left corner. (I know you've done this already, but I'm laying it out for anyone else who may read this) In the "Manage Exceptions" window, I clicked ""Add file" and added "Steam\steamapps\common\crysis 2 - demo\Bin32\CrySystem.dll". Then I clicked "Add Path" and added the entire folder "Steam\steamapps\common\crysis 2 - demo\". This may be redundant, and this may not fix your issue, but I did this and just played for about 40 minutes with no problems whatsoever. I hope this helps!