Status
Not open for further replies.

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hi I've been looking for a good, addictive multiplayer shooter to play on my pc. I have a 480 sli setup, so I'm also looking for something that would challenge my pc if possible. I was mostly a console player back in the day, but last year I built a nice gaming rig for the first time and now have fallen in love with pc gaming. I used to be a big fan of fps, but had grown disinterested in them(my favorite was Goldeneye 64, followed my Halo 1) until Call of Duty 4 came out. I grew addicted to it(on xbox 360) and especially enjoyed the Search and Destroy gamemode. I played the subsequent games in the series, but felt let down by Modern Warfare 2 dumbing down certain aspects of the game. I played Bad Company 2 and enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much as Call of Duty 4. I appreciate the large destructible terrains, but the up close and personal action of Call of Suty to this day remains my favorite. So I'm stuck with two options-get the Vietnam expansion for Battlefield, or get Black Ops on PC. I enjoyed Black ops on Xbox 360, but stopped playing it when my clan fell apart and I soon got tired of listening to ranting 13 year olds. What do you guys think? Btw I prefer the faster paced Modern Warfare series to the slower black ops, but still like the game. I"m on vacation now, so I'm looking to sink some real time in either option asap. Thanks

Solution
I currently enjoy several games. Bad company 2 on pc is great as well as the Vietnam expansion for it. I also love Black Ops on pc and medal of honor on pc. I currently am working on alien vs predator but not quite sure what I think thus far. I dont care for mw2 anymore nor cod 4 or waw.

BTW battlefield Vietnam is not bf2. I believe it came out before bf2 and bf 2142 and after bf 1942.

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I'm actually looking at steam atm so any replies would be helpful. I have gotten so many games that I barely play lately, ie Arma 2 that I want to actually buy something that I can sink real time into.

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
lol man I was gonna buy a game at the time, and since no one replied I carried on the convo to convince myself I made the right choice(Black Ops.) I probably should have gone with Vietnam since it's only 15 bucks but oh well

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

Next time just use the edit button instead of a new post. That way people will not think you are on a drug called Charlie Sheen...

battlefield 2 bad company BF2BC is great, i'm really enjoying it at the moment, depends on who you get on the server with though, your system will run fine, i'm running 2048*1152 on a gtx470 and its hitting v-sync limits without too much stress, but it looks very very nice.

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I currently enjoy several games. Bad company 2 on pc is great as well as the Vietnam expansion for it. I also love Black Ops on pc and medal of honor on pc. I currently am working on alien vs predator but not quite sure what I think thus far. I dont care for mw2 anymore nor cod 4 or waw.

BTW battlefield Vietnam is not bf2. I believe it came out before bf2 and bf 2142 and after bf 1942.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.