Sign in with
Your question

PC Gaming worth it for Oblivion and The Witcher??

Last response: in Video Games
March 8, 2011 6:43:50 PM

Ok, I have a bit of a dilemma here. I own a RROD Xbox 360 and a working PS3. I am quite satisfied with the game library on both systems. However, one of my most favorite games of all time is Oblivion, and I can't play it now because my Xbox 360 is broken. My first instinct was to send it into Microsoft for $100 because I already messed it up enough by doing the towel trick. Then, I thought, why not build a Gaming PC because of all of the graphics mods. I have educated myself over the past few months and it is an expensive hobby. I can build a good one for around $800. Now, here is my dilemma. Is it worth it? I would only really play are ES V Skrim, Oblivion with mods, Morrowind with mods, the first Deus Ex, some FPS like Crysis, Quake 4, and The Orange Box because of mouse and keyboard controls, The Witcher 1/2 and some various other games. Most of the games I would be playing are on console (minus the Witcher 1/2). I don't want to spend $800 on something only for a couple of games, as I am going off to college in a year and a half and I wasn't planning on bringing it with me because I already have a MacBook for word documents/internet. So, right now I have about $200 saved up. I am getting a job over the summer that would pay me $1200 in about a month, so my question is, should I save up for a gaming PC? I could get my Xbox fixed now and play Oblivion and Skyrim (when it comes out), but they would be lacking graphic mod support. I don't really have any preference over the controls (yes, mouse and keyboard is more precise), and I like the game library on all the systems. If I did go PC, I would build it around August, giving me like a year with it. Is it worth it? Or should I just get my Xbox fixed because graphic mods don't really make a difference in Oblivion?
March 8, 2011 9:45:44 PM

if u are planing to build a pc to play oblivion only, forget it, just fix ur xbox360 and play it there, BUT if u are planing to dive into pc gaming and play a lot of modern pc games , well yes its worth, and in this case believe me when i say that whenever u dive into pc gaming world u will completely forget those consoles whether ps3 or xbox, pc gaming is far more fun and let me say mature ;)  good luck :) 
m
l
March 8, 2011 10:12:41 PM

If you are happy with your game selection on the Xbox why not get it fixed for $100 then save some $$ and buy a kickass PC system down the road? Or buy a newer Xbox in a few years? BTW I'm a PC guy but it looks like fixing the Xbox right now would be the best option, JMHO
Dave
m
l
!