Fastest PIII to run on Abit BH6

G

Am I correct to think that a 700Mhz PIII is that fastest thing that will run on my Abit BH6?

I started looking for a PIII 700E, but no luck finding one.

Found the following:

"Intel Pentium III 700 Coppermine
700MHz processor. 32K L1, 256KB on-die L2 Cache. Runs at full Processor Speed. Requires Slot 1 motherboard capable of 100MHz FSB and support of 1.6V core voltage. Bundled with CTK Pentium III CPU Fan [spec]
Product Code: IT700100K "

But someone from TCcomputers told me that I can't use a PIII Copermine with my Abit BH6. The rep was very nice and seemed knowledgeable, but I just wanted to make sure with you guys...because this is the only PIII 700 Mhz I can find!

BTW, the entire idea that PIII 700Mhz is the most I can deal with I got it from you guys. Would go into the bios and make sure but I prefer not to turn off or reset my PC...some problem with my HD and/or OS...but let me just not get into that.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lorenzzo on 03/02/01 02:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

DavidCPA

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
According to the Abit website, the P3-700E is the fastest supported processor for your motherboard. www.pricewatch.com is a good place to search for a variety of vendors for processors.