Linksys WPS54GU2 Wireless Printer not accessible when XP P..

My apologies upfront as I am not that familiar with wireless networks
and VPN. I have a Linksys Wireless G Network (WRT54G) running at home,
along with a Linksys WPS54GU2 Wireless Printer. One of our home
laptops connects to a business network, through Nortel VPN Contivity.
When connected, I am unable to print to the Canon I560 USB printer
that is on the network. When i try to ping the print server
(192.168.1.101) is times out & the "Print Driver Setup" does not find
the print server either, whereas another home laptop can ping this
address and print sucessfully. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If I have missed any infomation, please let me know
Kind regards
Rich
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wps54gu2 wireless printer accessible

    "Richard Wilson" <richnwilson@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > My apologies upfront as I am not that familiar with wireless networks
    > and VPN. I have a Linksys Wireless G Network (WRT54G) running at home,
    > along with a Linksys WPS54GU2 Wireless Printer. One of our home
    > laptops connects to a business network, through Nortel VPN Contivity.
    > When connected, I am unable to print to the Canon I560 USB printer
    > that is on the network. When i try to ping the print server
    > (192.168.1.101) is times out & the "Print Driver Setup" does not find
    > the print server either, whereas another home laptop can ping this
    > address and print sucessfully. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > If I have missed any infomation, please let me know
    > Kind regards
    > Rich

    Look at the properties of your vpn connection, I think under the network tab
    and see if there is a option to use local printer
    or to use these components for this connection and select file and print
    sharing

Wireless Linksys Wireless Printer Wireless Networking