Rift on a 6450 Radeon HD

G

Hello, I recently bought the MMO Rift and had a question about what may be causing my graphics not to be as great as they probably should. I also bought a brand new desktop. The Model is a HPE 500F

Specs:AMD Phenom II 1045T Six-Core 2.70GHz Processor
3MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache, 4000MHz System Bus
8GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM (2GB x 4, 16GB max.)
1.5TB (1500GB) 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
ATI Radeon HD 6450 graphics card with 512MB DDR3 Dedicated graphics memory.
450W power supply

From what the sales man told me is that the graphics card is an OEM card only so I dont know all too much about it. Two things id like answered are is if this graphics card is indeed capable of running rift at ULTRA settings without low textures at 25-30 fps because maybe I am doing something wrong? Second can anyone recommend a graphics card that is under $150 that will get it up to Ultra settings?

I am currently running rift on low textures in ultra settings and in 1920x1080 resolution if that says anything.

Recommended System Specification
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB
Hard disk space: 8.0 GB available
Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

Thank you so much

masseybe84

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hello. The HD 6450 running with GDDR3 memory is pretty much a 5450 which isn't really a gaming graphics card at all. The Radeon HD 5770, $120, is a really good card for Rift. I am running this card for Rift on my rig and keeping around 30 FPS min with ultra minus shadows. Your PSU is a POS. The best card your PSU can handle is a Radeon HD 5750 with a minimum requirement of 450w. A 5770 requires a minimum recommended 500w PSU. You are kind of stuck unless you want to purchase a new 500w PSU of high quality (corsair, antec, seasonic). A quality 500w PSU will run you about 50-60 bucks. That puts you over budget or underpowered. Not to mention changing out PSU's can be difficult if you've never worked inside a computer before. There are dozens of guides out there with pictures to help if you do go that route though. Routing cables can be a chore if you're a neat freak and the HP Pavilion Elite probably doesn't have a lot of cable routing features.
As a side note Rift only utilizes 2 cores and less than 4 gigs of ram. The 1045t runs at a kind of low frequency so you might run into issues on FPS drops with a lot of people running around anyways. At least you'll have an additional 4 cores and an extra 4 gigs of ram to run pretty much whatever you want in the background.

TRENDING THREADS