Graphic card : ATI Radeon HD
Processor : AMD Athlon
II X3 440 Processor 3.00 GHz,
Triple core
Ram Memory : 4.00 Gb DDR 3
Resolution Level: 1280×720
How good will this PC run GTA 4? At what FPS or at what
settings??

Your rig is good, but not that type that can run GTA IV at moderate frames. Your HD 5670 is a good mainstream or an good entry level card for gaming. Your Athlon X3 is also good, however not for GTA IV or any other games that utilizes quad core machines.

You can play it with low to medium settings at a 800 X 600 res or all low and 1024 X 768 res or a 1280 X 1024 res. You would get about 20-30 frames, just don't expect to get a constant 30 fps or so...

Also what I like to say is that, GTA IV has really bad port and it can cause some lags in almost all the PCs, even the high end ones would not be able to run this game with having tiny lags at some places.

rickytrux11

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

What happens if i Upgrade Raedon 5670 to Raedon 5750??

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I previously ran it on my Core2Quad@2.33Ghz with a GTS250 (1gb). It was able to 'run', but I wasn't happy with merely 'running' the game! Then I upgraded the CPU to an i5 760i(2.8 Ghz) and kept the 250. There was a lot of difference. Only exception, since my GPU wasn't up to the mark for GTA4, I had to tone down the settings a bit (draw distance, etc).

Now, with an i5 coupled with a 470 and 8 gb DDR3 RAM, it's 'almost' flawless!

Point being:
The game ran on both quad core's but is performing better on the i5. True, a good GPU would definitely help, but the game seems to demand more from a CPU than a GPU.

Conclusion:
Your priority should be on upgrading the CPU to a quad core (i5 2500k OR AMD Phenom IIx4). Since your resolution isn't that high, I'm certain your existing card should manage to run the game decent;y well. If not, THEN consider upgrading to at least a 5770. But first, run it for a while after upgrading the CPU.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

I think it was called DeLorean? :D

Edit:
Just read an article which lists GTA IV as the most expensive game ever created: 100 million dollars, 1000 people worked on it, and took 3.5 years to develop. In this case the "bad console port" is not much of an excuse, it looks a bit more like incompetence, but oh well.

kevrin

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I played GTA IV on a E7200 Core2Duo and MSI 8400GS with 2GB of Ram...yeah it played horrible (most settings were at medium including textures except shadows were at minimum). I used command line parameters to run it at 640x480 which made it playable. Now I have an i5 2500, 4GB Ram, GTS 450 and it runs great benchmarked at 55fps.
Your rig should play it fairly well, the 4GB of ram helps in GTA IV, because i just recently added 2GB to my i5 rig and that's when it got real smooth (at 4GB total). And your Graphics card seems well enough GTA IV requires video memory your 1 GB will work great. Go ahead and play it, you may have to run it at medium settings but it should run fine. or/and if you can turn down the res a bit that will drastically effect the performance (just sit a few feet away from your display and you wont notice the difference :p).
Btw how did you wait so long, the game has been out for 3 years now....I'm playing through it again on the new rig and its just as fun as the first time, the smooth game play doesn't hurt too.

I'll agree there. They postponed release because they said they had trouble fitting the game on a single DVDrom for xbox. thats just stupid.

maxking_69

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Please Dont ASK For GTA IV_PC Compatibility...Its too Hiend Game_Dude Even I Also Facing GPU Heat & Overclocking Problem.

My PC Configuration IS...
Processor=intel_i7 930
Motherboard=Msi X58A_GD65
GraphicsCard=Msi N.Geforce460GTX_Cyclone768mb
Ram_12gbDDR3
Smps_COOLER MASTER_500W
Hardisc-1tb_Windows & Ultimate_x64 operating.

But Its Also Low for GTA IV....maybe alienware can Run This Game... :-(

MY Graphics Card Overheating while im Playing Some Hardcore Games & Crashing My Games,Screen Crash...Any Sugession Pls

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

Alienware? Do you still believe that obscenely priced hardware to run any better just cause it's got a brand name on it? :)

Badly coded, that's your GTA IV. Stop trying to make it work properly, you will probably have no success, a bit of fail on the PC platform, but maybe it's just me.

^most people are able to run it well with 4gb+ ram, a quad core processor like a phenom II or better, and a reasonable video card like a gts250 or better, dont expect to turn all detail up and have it run well on any system.