Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Your thoughts on Homefront?

Last response: in Video Games
March 15, 2011 10:53:13 AM

So far it has excellent gameplay and a pretty cool storyline. It's actually pretty frightening if you really think about it (if you are from the US).

I find the graphics mediocre and feel like they could've done more with it. Right now I'm playing the game on maxed settings getting 62 fps (V-sync on).

Overall, I like it.

More about : thoughts homefront

March 15, 2011 10:57:14 AM

Dont buy cd-key now, because now - its - steam key - with many problems, wait eadm key
best price on http://cd-pay.com
m
l

Best solution

March 15, 2011 4:31:33 PM

I played the first level yesterday. I am in the same boat everything maxed 60 FPS vsync. And I also think the graphics are a little under whelming. But then again If you go from Metro 2033 most games will fell under whelming lol. Ill have to play more to see how the story line and game play are over all. I would rather have a game With good graphics a good story line and good game play that is real smooth than Great amazing graphics with ok game play and a good story that has up and down performance any day. So I guess it depends on what your comparing it to. Crysis has better graphics and good game play with an ok story. With Crysis I find it has sub par replay value ( I dont play multilayer so thats part of it). Metro 2033 looks awesome and on my rig it plays well and I like the story, however it has some very frustrating parts that make it hard to play for a long time. (guess thats both good and bad for me lol)So I do like the game play if the story ends up being real good it will be easy to forget that the graphics are not cutting edge.
Related resources
March 15, 2011 7:02:43 PM

I was playing games with an IGP about 6 months ago, so as long as it doesn't look like a giant mess, I'll be ok with the graphics. Alternate history scenarios always interest me, so I am definitely looking forward to this. Thanks for the mini-review, Carc369!
m
l
March 15, 2011 7:29:05 PM

No problem brandoncatz.

I just finished the game (played for about 5 hrs with a break because i had to go to school). Like I said the graphics aren't that great but like cburke82 said, once you play metro 2033 expectations for games increase dramatically. Maybe if I hadn't played Metro 2033 I'd be satisfied with these graphics, idk.

The story line was good and was a fun game to play. Some parts were an obvious COD knock-off (breaking into a room and slow motion shooting everyone in it) but overall it was a good game. Wished it was a little bit longer because it seemed kinda short.

I took off Vsync and was averaging around 80-90 fps @ 1920x1080 with a Radeon 6950 unlocked with everything maxed out including AA. So a 6850 or equal should suffice in order to play at the same resolution at maxed settings.
m
l
March 15, 2011 7:43:42 PM

Yah, I heard the game was pretty short. I just started Darksiders, so I'm ok with that, and I'll let it just be a nice li'l distraction.

After I got my 460 I did play Metro 2033 for a bit before getting sidetracked with something else. I'll have to play it again sometime and try to get in to it.
m
l
March 15, 2011 7:58:28 PM

Im glad I got the steam version with Metro free. If you can beat it in 5 hours and I didnt get both for $50 I might be upset
m
l
March 15, 2011 7:58:59 PM

Yea I get Dragon Age 2 tomorrow. We'll see how well that plays at maxed settings. Also, I'll be getting Crysis 2 next week. This month is the best gaming month for me :) .

I might get Shogun 2 as well but I've spent over $150 on PC games this month. Idk if I want to spend anymore lol.
m
l
March 15, 2011 8:06:07 PM

Carc369 said:
Yea I get Dragon Age 2 tomorrow. We'll see how well that plays at maxed settings. Also, I'll be getting Crysis 2 next week. This month is the best gaming month for me :) .

I might get Shogun 2 as well but I've spent over $150 on PC games this month. Idk if I want to spend anymore lol.

Only been gaming on a PC for a month or so. So far iv blasted through Crysis, Crysis Warhead. Playing Home Front and Metro 2033 . And after playing the demo I really want Just Cause 2 lol And I realy cant wait for Skyrim that one should be EPIC
m
l
March 16, 2011 6:22:59 PM

Carc369 said:

Dragon Age 2 looks amazing using DX11, the high res textures (need to download them from BioWare), and playing on Very High. Best looking RPG imo. ;p
m
l
March 16, 2011 6:26:10 PM

wow beat Home Front in 3-4 hours.... I do not recomend anybody paying full price for this game. If you get a deal on it it is a nice game but 50-60 bucks for 3-4 hours.....
m
l
March 16, 2011 6:51:07 PM

cburke82 said:
And after playing the demo I really want Just Cause 2 lol

I would highly recommend checking out Just Cause 2. Fun game. I go back to it once a month, or so, and liberate a couple of towns and then put it away for a while.
m
l
March 16, 2011 6:54:41 PM

brandoncatz said:
I would highly recommend checking out Just Cause 2. Fun game. I go back to it once a month, or so, and liberate a couple of towns and then put it away for a while.

With the demo I have loads of fun just running cars off cliffs and smashing stuff :bounce: 
m
l
March 16, 2011 8:43:49 PM

cburke82 said:
wow beat Home Front in 3-4 hours.... I do not recomend anybody paying full price for this game. If you get a deal on it it is a nice game but 50-60 bucks for 3-4 hours.....

Yea it was pretty short. Took me 4-5 hrs to beat.

I only bought it because steam had a deal. Pre-order Homefront and get Metro 2033 free. Since I was planning on buying Metro 2033 anyways I decided I'd try out Homefront as well. Costed me $50.
m
l
March 16, 2011 9:07:10 PM

Carc369 said:
Yea it was pretty short. Took me 4-5 hrs to beat.

I only bought it because steam had a deal. Pre-order Homefront and get Metro 2033 free. Since I was planning on buying Metro 2033 anyways I decided I'd try out Homefront as well. Costed me $50.

Was the opp for me. I wanted homefront didnt want to pay $40 for Metro 2033 lol. However I think they both have pros and cons but $50 for both was a deal :) 
m
l
March 20, 2011 5:49:31 PM

Best answer selected by Carc369.
m
l
March 23, 2011 9:06:07 PM

How is the multiplayer?
m
l
March 23, 2011 9:11:14 PM

dgriffs said:
How is the multiplayer?

Its prob good I dont know. I get to mad and suck to much for FPS multiplayer lol I get killed every 3-4 seconds and dont have the attention span to put up with that long enough to get better :kaola: 
m
l
!