Problem with ABIT BE6II -AGAIN-

Pardon for the message before written.

As my English I already said it is quite bad, I will try to explain to myself better with a translator.

I possess an ABIT BE6II and recently I have acquired two DIMMS 168-pin of 256 MB each one.

My alone ABIT recognizes 128 MB for each DIMM.

Alone I can use the DIMM 2 and 3 because the fan covers me the DIMM 1.

I have proven these DIMMS in a badge QDI it bases and it detects 512 MB.

The pattern by heart is SAMSUNG K4S5625A6M-TC75
2001-02 SDRAM-C
DIMM256 PC-133 MHZ
The alone DIMM has modules by heart in a side.

Do I need some special configuration in the ABIT so that the 512 MB recognizes me?

Some types are not compatible by heart?

If somebody has this problem and he/she knows as fixing it he/she would thank him that communicates it to me.

Sincerely

Mateu
5 answers Last reply
More about problem abit be6ii again
  1. Have you tried putting one of them in the first bank?

"akuna mutata" braza... :wink:
  2. If I have been able to put one in the first bank i anything, I continue with the same thing.
  3. Ok, there is only one thing left in the BIOS, i dont remember exact location, but find anything that says "boot with memory >64 megs", or something like that. I remember enabling it in order for PC to detect 128 megs stick. If that will not help, then i am out of order with this one :(

"akuna mutata" braza... :wink:
  4. I don't see any similar option, but thank you for your help.

I have a small theory on what happens.

The ABIT doesn't support the DIMM of 512 MB reason why I believe that alone 128 MB recognizes for each side of DIMM and my memoirs have 256 MB in a side.

Perhaps I am saying a foolishness, but I am not happened another thing.
  5. Mateu, your problem is that the BX6 does NOT RECOGNIZE 256 Mb DIMMS! The largest memory DIMM it will recognize is 128Mb per DIMM slot (for a total of 512 Mb that MUST USE 4 slots). Sorry, you cannot fix this problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards DIMM