8900 - lime colored icon in outbox for text messages

Hi

Does anyone know the meaning of the color of the icons
displayed in the outbox for text messages? I have an
Audiovox 8900.

Up to now all those icons have displayed as little yellow
boxes. Today, I had one that was lime green.

It was a long'ish message, and never made it to my friend
though the icon had a little checkmark indicating it had been
delivered. I have text messaged with this person w/o any
problems many times.

I've looked in the manual and on-line but been unable to
find any info on this. (The manual isn't the greatest by
the way)

Resending the message also didn't help, nor did trying to
trim the end (wouldn't the phone let me know if I had
exceeded the allowable length?).

I was messaging a Sprint phone in case that matters.

Thanks,

Esmail
PS: Is it possible I ran into a limit with the allowable
length for the recipient? Ie Verzion allows 160 chars,
perhaps Sprint less?

noodle

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2004

Esmail Bonakdarian wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know the meaning of the color of the icons
> displayed in the outbox for text messages? I have an
> Audiovox 8900.
>
> Up to now all those icons have displayed as little yellow
> boxes. Today, I had one that was lime green.
>
> It was a long'ish message, and never made it to my friend
> though the icon had a little checkmark indicating it had been
> delivered. I have text messaged with this person w/o any
> problems many times.
>
> I've looked in the manual and on-line but been unable to
> find any info on this. (The manual isn't the greatest by
> the way)
>
> Resending the message also didn't help, nor did trying to
> trim the end (wouldn't the phone let me know if I had
> exceeded the allowable length?).
>
> I was messaging a Sprint phone in case that matters.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Esmail
> PS: Is it possible I ran into a limit with the allowable
> length for the recipient? Ie Verzion allows 160 chars,
> perhaps Sprint less?

it could be in-network text / out of network text
my phone (vx4500) seems to do that

-dave

Noodle wrote:

> it could be in-network text / out of network text
> my phone (vx4500) seems to do that

Hi there,

The odd thing is that it's not happened before with
the same recipient, and I have TMed a lot of times
with her w/o any problems. Odd.

and somewhat annoying that none of the documentation
I have been able to find says anything about this.

thanks for the post in any case,

cheers,
Esmail