ABIT KT7A RAID-100 Socket A and NT4 and Win2K

qnerd

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2001
Does anyone have experience with the KT7A and NT4 or Win2K. I read there was a problem when more than one memory chip was added with Win2K?

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I only have KT7-Raid (I think both have same spec except KT7A can run CPU at 133FSB). Mine is OK with Win2000 (Dualboot w/ Win98) and I use 2 sticks of 128M Micron PC-133 (CAS3). Don't know about NT4 though.

G

I have this motherboard running with Win2K and 1 memory stick. I have 1 256MB stick installed and it works fine. I have read anything about having problems with more than one stick. Sorry.

John Garrett
System Admin - www.elementk.com
Editor - Exploring Windows NT Professional

G

Yes. I don't have the information in front of me since I am at work but overall I was very happy with the results when I tested it. I can post them for you when I get home if you'd like.

John Garrett
System Admin - www.elementk.com
Editor - Exploring Windows NT Professional

qnerd

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2001
I found the reference to the memory issue here:

http://hardocp.com/reviews/mainboards/abit/kt7a/

"One thing we did run into on the KT7 was the fact that if you populated all three DIMM slots, it led to some board instability using Win2K. However, this problem continued even when only two slots were populated. It was suggested to us by an engineer that we use slots 1 and 3 when using two DIMMs. This is not a solution that has been tested by us, but we wanted to pass the info along."