Intel Motherboard

G

I have been having problems with my computer since I installed Windows 2000. My first problem was that I could not get 4 IDE devices running at the same time. I contacted the suppliers were I got these devices from and I tried everything they could think of. Finally, they told me that it was my motherboard and that I needed to update my bios. This was the only thing they could come up with. When I hooked 4 IDE devices I would get a physical memory dump. Have you ever heard of anything like this, or have any ideas on how I can fix it.

thanks,

Reed

G

First of all, please dont get upset, but for your information: if you had W2k installed with 2 drives, and trying to add a drive or two, that alone with mess up drive letters. With W2k you will have to do complete install first (before posting or bothering techsupport) then if you have a problem, do ask. It is like putting another engine on the running car if that what I think you are doing.

Another thing, please be more specific, otherwise you will get zilch responses. What drive has OS on, what "IDE"s you are trying to add, on what ports, why, yada, yada, yada.... heh

"akuna mutata" braza... :wink: