Backup Assistant -- First Impressions?

I have an LG VX4400, and installed Verizon's new Backup Assistant (BA)
last week just after it was announced.

So far, I've had mixed results with BA. I have my phone set to
automatically sync late at night. Sometimes the syncs work fine;
other times, I find an error message in the morning.

I've also done some changes from the web interface. Sometimes when I
sign out, the autosync works fine; other times, it does not.

Overall, I like the concept that BA offers a lot. However, I'm a bit
concerned about it's reliability.

Does anyone else have any experience with Backup Assistant yet, and
what have you seen?

Don McCanless

"Donald P. McCanless" <dmccanless@wmata.com> wrote in message
>I have an LG VX4400, and installed Verizon's new Backup Assistant (BA)
> last week just after it was announced.
>
> So far, I've had mixed results with BA. I have my phone set to
> automatically sync late at night. Sometimes the syncs work fine;
> other times, I find an error message in the morning.
>
> I've also done some changes from the web interface. Sometimes when I
> sign out, the autosync works fine; other times, it does not.
>
> Overall, I like the concept that BA offers a lot. However, I'm a bit
> concerned about it's reliability.
>
> Does anyone else have any experience with Backup Assistant yet, and
> what have you seen?
>
> Don McCanless

I hadn't heard about BA- what's the deal?

Edw.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

> I hadn't heard about BA- what's the deal?
>
> Edw.

I wondered what it was too. Apparantly it is an app that runs on the phone
that uploads your phonebook to VZW and thereafter keeps it in sync. So if
you loose/damage your phone you can download your phonebook to the new phone
without a data cable.

"George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I hadn't heard about BA- what's the deal?
>>
>> Edw.
>>
> I wondered what it was too. Apparantly it is an app that runs on the phone
> that uploads your phonebook to VZW and thereafter keeps it in sync. So if
> you loose/damage your phone you can download your phonebook to the new
> phone
> without a data cable.

It's probably a local/test market thing-- no hits searching the VWZ website
and the dialup CSR never heard of it.

> "George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> > "Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I hadn't heard about BA- what's the deal?
> >>
> >> Edw.
> >>
> > I wondered what it was too. Apparantly it is an app that runs on the
phone
> > that uploads your phonebook to VZW and thereafter keeps it in sync. So
if
> > you loose/damage your phone you can download your phonebook to the new
> > phone
> > without a data cable.
> >

> It's probably a local/test market thing-- no hits searching the VWZ
website
> and the dialup CSR never heard of it.
>
> Edw.

This: www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant

resolves to: https://ba.mightybackup.com/mb/do/start?skininfo=110

While it is a nice idea I don't care for the idea of uploading my phonebook
to a third party.

> "Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Special Ed" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > I wondered what it was too. Apparantly it is an app that runs on the
> phone
>> > that uploads your phonebook to VZW and thereafter keeps it in sync. So
> if
>> > you loose/damage your phone you can download your phonebook to the new
>> > phone
>> > without a data cable.
>> >

>> It's probably a local/test market thing-- no hits searching the VWZ
> website
>> and the dialup CSR never heard of it.
>>
>> Edw.
>>
> This: www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant
>
> resolves to: https://ba.mightybackup.com/mb/do/start?skininfo=110
>

> While it is a nice idea I don't care for the idea of uploading my
> phonebook
> to a third party.

Thanks for the links!

Edw.