Duron on MSI K7T Turbo

G

Howdy,

I have bought last week a new MSI K7T Turbo Mainboard with the KT133A chipset - which allows you to choose between 100 MHz of 133 MHz FSB (DDR of course). I have with this a Duron 850 which I am able to OC to 1071 MHz (10.5 x 102 FSB)...

my question : how can I lower the multiplier under default (which is 8.5X) on this MSI board? because when I go to the BIOS of my board the lowest multiplier I can indicate is 8.5x and with a FSB of 133 MHz it gives me min 1133 MHz and this is a bit to fast for the cpu...

"Life is like a video game with no chance to win" - ATR 1995

G

thanks a lot

"Life is like a video game with no chance to win" - ATR 1995

G

Hi!

Have you guys already tried the "AWARD(R) V1.0B16 Special BIOS" on your motherboard? Mine is K7TPro2 (not a Turbo)

On MSI's web page, there is a note i can't understand:
---------------------------------------------------------
Special Note:
During BIOS flashing procedure on K7T Pro2 or K7T Pro2A. Screen will show "The program file's BIOS lock string does not match with your system"
answer : Use /nbl parameter
For example: awdfl789 w6330vms.240 /nbl
-------------------------------------------------

Did you find this problem? I did a bios flash only once and it was very simple. I just booted with a DOS disk and ran the exe. This time it seems to be different. Can you help?

Thank's

OC is nice but risky!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by clip on 03/13/01 01:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TheSandman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Since we both have the turbo this is not a problem for us but if you follow the instructions provided you should not have any problems. you know that the pro2 will not be able to make use of fsb speeds of much more than 110-112 range so the lower multiplier will not be of much use.

SANDMAN

G

You are right! But I'm looking for the other features:

- Speed up DRAM Refresh time, AGP performance and IDE UDMA performance.
-Built-in 4-way memory interleave function
-Wider range of Vcore selection

:)

OC is nice but risky!

ws6

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
word of warning about that bios though: if you have multiply controlers (like a scsi and or a extra ata 100) and you want to boot off the onboard raid you will not be able to since the board will scan the off board controlers and not the onboard one. if you don't have any other controlers it works fine. i have 3 ssytem with this board and all but my main system have that bios and it does work. my 3rd system has both a bootable scsi controler and a extra ata-100 controler in it so i couldn't use that bios. you can though use wpcredit to edit the bios info and it will do the same as what that bios does for the memory and agp. i haven't found a way to get the multiplier fixed yet. also for some reason on my duron 650 (red core unlocked from amd)the max voltage is shown as 1.75 but my other chips will go to 1.85. i haven't needed the lower multiplyer yet on the duron since both my duron 650 is running fine at a 142 bus (142*6.5~923). my tbird 1 gig is running at 1266 (9.5*133~1266). i have the cpuinfo screen for the 650 if anyone wants to see it.

-----------
Chris
ws6@kc.rr.com