Sign in with
Your question

Should I use my PC or 360 to record gameplay?

Last response: in Video Games
March 17, 2011 11:17:54 PM

Hey Everyone,

I want to start recording my multi player game play to put on sites like Machinima and Youtube but I can't decide if I should use my PC or my Xbox. To give you an idea of what I'm using, I just built my PC with the following parts:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.4Ghz
4GB 1600 G.Skill Memory
2 HIS 6850's in crossfire (Stock Clocks)
Antec 750w PSU
Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM HD
Gigabyte P67A-UD3 Motherboard

I have FRAPS and Xfire installed on my PC and have been looking at the Hauppauge Personal Video Recorder (1080i with component cables) for the 360 (If it makes any difference the 360 is hooked up to a 42" Samsung 720p plasma along with a Triton Pro Headset). I have mainly been a console gamer for the last 3 years (Other that Warcraft for a while haha) but built my new PC in hopes that I would start to get back into it. There are a lot of pros and cons with each option so I guess my main question is if you were to pick one or the other to make videos with, which would you choose? I am used to using the Xbox controller right now but I could always spend a few days with a keyboard and mouse or just hook my controller up to the PC and use that. Thank you in advance for your opinions!

I am currently playing Black Ops, MW2, Crysis 2 Demo, Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield 2 Bad Company and these are the games I would be primarily recording. Also the $200 dollars that the Hauppauge PVR costs would be no big deal.

Thanks again!

More about : 360 record gameplay

Anonymous
March 23, 2011 8:13:24 PM

NerdFerguson said:
Hey Everyone,

I want to start recording my multi player game play to put on sites like Machinima and Youtube but I can't decide if I should use my PC or my Xbox. To give you an idea of what I'm using, I just built my PC with the following parts:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.4Ghz
4GB 1600 G.Skill Memory
2 HIS 6850's in crossfire (Stock Clocks)
Antec 750w PSU
Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM HD
Gigabyte P67A-UD3 Motherboard

I have FRAPS and Xfire installed on my PC and have been looking at the Hauppauge Personal Video Recorder (1080i with component cables) for the 360 (If it makes any difference the 360 is hooked up to a 42" Samsung 720p plasma along with a Triton Pro Headset). I have mainly been a console gamer for the last 3 years (Other that Warcraft for a while haha) but built my new PC in hopes that I would start to get back into it. There are a lot of pros and cons with each option so I guess my main question is if you were to pick one or the other to make videos with, which would you choose? I am used to using the Xbox controller right now but I could always spend a few days with a keyboard and mouse or just hook my controller up to the PC and use that. Thank you in advance for your opinions!

I am currently playing Black Ops, MW2, Crysis 2 Demo, Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield 2 Bad Company and these are the games I would be primarily recording. Also the $200 dollars that the Hauppauge PVR costs would be no big deal.

Thanks again!

Hey dude,

Depends on what type of games you would like to record and in the future which games you would like to play and record. For example if you would like to make montages and just a random match in a game such as call of duty then Xbox 360 is the one, mainly for FPS's, also games such as rpg.

If you would like to make games such as fallout or world of war craft then pc is the one.

but the most famous one used nowadays the best recording for games is on consoles Ps3/Xbox 360 because it's much easier to do what you want, also keep in mind you need to be able to use after effects to make special effects and intros but its not necessary.

peace

Hope I helped a bit
m
l
!