Best PC games with singleplayer and mutliplayer options.

knk2009

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
I was playing a lot of world of warcraft cataclysm but recently I tried some other games and find that I enjoy shooting games much more and especially games that have a singleplayer and multiplayer option. The singleplayer offline mode is great when you only want to compete against yourself and the game... multiplayer can get tedious at times but it can be a nice change too.

I have tried crysis, crysis 2, mass effect 2, several versions of call of duty, Kane and Lynch, Kane and Lynch 2, mafia II, I also tried tomb raider underworld and enjoyed it.

I am looking for suggestions for other action based, adventure, episode based games that have a singleplayer mode, bonus if they have a multiplayer mode aswell.

Please list the games that you think are best. Looking for suggestions for PC games thank you.

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Even though it has no multiplayer, I recently got into the Stalker series, especially the Complete versions. It's pretty cheap and often goes on sale on Steam-I got all three games for 15$. Can't beat that. They have a very immersive atmosphere, and even though the actual gunplay is subpar, I thoroughly enjoyed them.

knk2009

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011

Ah ok thanks will check it out.

I recently tried steam too. I haven't bought any games from them yet but tried a few demos. Now steam is not working for me though. So I will probably go for buying the actual games and not getting them from steam.

thegamersblog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Homefront is pretty good, personally I think "The Witcher" is one of the best games to come out in ages. If you really want to go back to antiquity... Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II is a fantastic game.... I dare say that it's my favorite game of all time.

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Neverwinter Nights, very cheap and has everything you would want from a game. The OC is a little shoddy but the expansions are pretty good.

The best thing is the player created modules, it is by far the easiest modding tool available which means that many excellent campaigns are available to play created by players. There is also persistant worlds where you can play with many people. Very strong game. =)

fizzy con carne

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
oblivion is fantastic. extremely long game. For shooters i would get battlefield bad company 2 because the singleplayer is really good and the multiplayer is probably the best out at the moment.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Fallout 3 or New Vegas are really good choice to play and i recommend it over Stalker series even though Fallout is RPG.
Gears of war 1 can be a good option to try, the game is really fast and multiplayer is also good.
For action adventure games Assassin's creed 2 and AC Brotherhood are the best options.

TRENDING THREADS