Why so silent?

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
So I'm normally a pretty solitary person, and most games I play reflect that. Over the past two years I have converted from a lifetime console player to a pc diehard-first with a decent gaming laptop, then I built a pc specifically for gaming. My only issue with pc gaming is this(other than the constant fiddling to get things working right) is that NO ONE EVER TALKS. I mean I'm glad I no longer hear a group of 12 year olds on Call of Duty on 360 or Ps3, but every single game I play is filled with silence. I mean am I the only one who likes a little communication-not necessarily "I own you" or "Insert racial slur", but at least a figment or some semblance of sentient conversation. I could be playing with bots with all the sense of community in Black Ops or Bad Company. It makes me miss Live a bit. So what's the deal? Is everyone on Vent? Or are we all zombies?

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
YEah I would say there not using the in game stuff. I played wow alot and we talked quite a bit but over vent. So if your in a group that knows each other they might just be using there own program to talk and so from your end it would seem very silent :)

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I guess I just need to play for a while and hope I find some decent peeps. Most of my friends are on xbox/ps3 and even though I converted a couple to pc for Battlefield 3, I miss the sense of community you get on Xbox Live to an extent.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Guess I never played xbox live much. I can speak only for the mmorpg segment (wow) In that game and im sure other mmo's you can really cultivate some friendships. I have people that I raid with and who are in my guild that I have known for some years now. Try steam for your games. With steam I would guess its more like xbox would be. Everybody that has a steam account, when you play multi player you can add people to your friends list and such. So you'll be able to see when people you enjoyed playing with are online. Not ever single game is on steam but most are. At first I was skeptical, but after have 3 games downloaded now I can say that I like not needing a disk and I had my internet go out the other day and offline mode worked fine for me. Look it up download the client try some demos see how it works for you.

statikstate

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah I have steam I now try to purchase all my non-Blizzard games from them. Waiting on Crysis 2 to drop price during the 4th of July sale- I know I spend 800$ on gpu's but try to nickel and dime certain games. Thanks guys

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I agree with you. On black ops, I like to play objective games and I end up being the only one calling...which blows. People like us are meant to become part of a group (clan, or whatever you want to call it).

That said, clans are quite annoying on PC...way to serious. So really, I don't think there's much else but to play with friends (if they do play games at all).