Sign in with
Your question

Direct X error in Gaming

Last response: in Video Games
March 21, 2011 6:33:44 AM

Dear Friends,

I have bought in game COD: Black OPS,
the game loaded ok in computer, but after playing for 5 minutes in first stage, game stop suddenly and i get message : Direct X error low memory.

please suggest what to do now.
I am playing other games such Mass effect 2, Doom 3, COD:MW 2 etc. with no problem.

Digvijay

More about : direct error gaming

March 23, 2011 12:52:58 PM

Did you reinstall the game ?
Try installing Direct X again. Could you tell us your PC specs ?
m
l
March 27, 2011 5:35:12 PM

You surely didn't install direct x. To install direct x go on google and download it.
m
l
Related resources
April 8, 2011 10:28:44 AM

friends,
Sorry for delay, my problem is still same.
My spec are phenom 550 3.1 ghz, GTS 450 I gB ram, 2 gb ddr2 ram, psu 500 watt cooermaster.

i have loaded window xp 32 bit sp3, direct x 9c on the computer.

what to do now. can anyone where to find latest direct x 9 c.
mass effec 2, battle field bad company , modern warfare are working fine. but i am facing problem in black ops and batman arkam asylum .

please advice

digvijay
m
l
April 8, 2011 12:45:35 PM

From Microsoft you can get Direct X 9.0c. But then again, it is usually in the disc itself. At the end of the installation process, a dialog box will appear, showing that you need to install DirectX 9.0c to run the game, even if you have DirectX installed, its best you try and install it again.
m
l
April 8, 2011 4:48:54 PM

everything you need to run the game is on the disk. it sounds like your win xp dx9.0c is corrupted. maybe a virus.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?Fami... go here and get the latest version.
you may also want to get the dx redist
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?Fami...
the first 1 is the general librarys that come with xp, the second is the updated version that contains some dev libraries that arnt in the original distro.
m
l
April 10, 2011 12:27:12 PM

You are running out of ram.Get at least 3 gb of ram.
m
l
April 11, 2011 4:35:32 AM

friends,
Since the message say - Direct X error low memory - when the games stops.

As I am having 2GB ram ddr 2 800mhz. is my ram low for black ops game. i also have 1 gb on my gts 450.
As far as Direct 9 c is concenred, i have renew it with every game found on disc. how is microsoft website direct 9 c will be different.

digvijay
m
l
April 11, 2011 5:01:06 AM

digvijaysingh said:
friends,
Since the message say - Direct X error low memory - when the games stops.

As I am having 2GB ram ddr 2 800mhz. is my ram low for black ops game. i also have 1 gb on my gts 450.
As far as Direct 9 c is concenred, i have renew it with every game found on disc. how is microsoft website direct 9 c will be different.

digvijay

What PC Guru_07 said is right. Yo are running out of RAM. You should buy a new DDR2 stick. COD Black Ops may require that extra memory.
m
l
April 11, 2011 6:27:39 PM

get gamebooster. it will free up some ram by closing un-needed background tasks.
if this stops the error then follow the above and pc guru's advice and get another gig of the same ram you already have. same speed, same timings, same brand.
m
l
April 25, 2011 4:32:31 AM

Dear Friends,

As per your advice , I added 2 GB stick to my system . now my total ram is 4 GB on win Xp . I have updated Direct x found on black ops dvd.

But still my problem is same. when i play first cuban mission, the game stops and message again is low memory. what to do now. please advice. i have also reinstall game.

dig.
m
l
April 25, 2011 4:50:01 AM

What about your paging file. Or virtual memory ? How much is it ? That could be an indication of low memory.

NOTE: I don't have Windows XP now since I upgraded to Windows 7 but I think I can show you.

You can find it by following these steps.
1) Right click on My computer and click on properties.
2) Click on the advanced tab.
3) In performance box, click on settings.
4)Performance options dialog box appears.
5)Click on Advanced tab ( in Performance Options dialog box )
6)There you can see virtual memory. Mine is 2044MB for each drive.
m
l
April 25, 2011 6:56:15 AM

Gman450 said:
What about your paging file. Or virtual memory ? How much is it ? That could be an indication of low memory.

NOTE: I don't have Windows XP now since I upgraded to Windows 7 but I think I can show you.

You can find it by following these steps.
1) Right click on My computer and click on properties.
2) Click on the advanced tab.
3) In performance box, click on settings.
4)Performance options dialog box appears.
5)Click on Advanced tab ( in Performance Options dialog box )
6)There you can see virtual memory. Mine is 2044MB for each drive.

Dear friend,

My computer hard disk has four parts

c is 50 gb with 25 gb free
d is 143 gb with 100 gb free
other two drive also have 70-80 gb free space.

I have loaded game on d drive. how much virtual memory i should keep for all the drive.

digvijay singh
m
l
April 26, 2011 4:22:24 AM

Gman450 said:
Not that memory !
Virtual memory is different ! :D 

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/desp.png/

See the box, that's virtual memoy. Now tell me how much you have.

I have put 9 gb of virtual memory in 3 partition of my hard disk leaving c drive. do you think it will work.
m
l
April 26, 2011 5:22:09 AM

9 GB seems too much. But did it work for you ?
m
l
April 29, 2011 4:20:36 AM

still problem is same. after playing for 2 minutes game crashes to desktop with low memory message. really painful. i am easily playing crysis 2 nowdays with no problem. however sometime it also hangs or closes.
m
l
April 29, 2011 5:41:21 AM

Well, I kind of had the same problem when I tried to run the game on Windows XP SP2. Not this exact problem, but the whole system freezed and I had to restart. So after, reinstalling it a couple of times, it worked. I suggest you do the same as well.
m
l
May 11, 2011 9:04:19 AM

Friends,

I have downloaded latest direct 9.0 c from microsoft website and loaded it. I am playing on window xp sp 3.0.

Still this game black ops stoped and the message comes :

Direct 3 D device 9: present failed: Ran out of memory

What should i do now. please advice
m
l
May 11, 2011 6:52:15 PM

your vm is spread across to many partitions and is probably responsible for the crash.
you want to have 1 pagefile set up on 1 disk. preferably the disk you have your o.s. setup on as thats where its needed.
9 gigs over 4 partitions means your pagefile is no bigger than 1.5 gigs per partition.
your page file should always be set at 1.5 times the size of your memory and be set up as 1 file.
so for you. you have 4 gigs of actual ram. so you should have 1 pagefile of 6gigs on your ptimary partition.

1 other tip. have less partitions on your drive. each partition will slow the drive down by 10 percent per partition so a drive with 4 will be nearly 40 percent slower than a drive with 1.
if its a small drive say 500gig then have 2 partitions only. 1 at about 150gigs for your o.s. and applications the other for storage.
m
l
May 12, 2011 8:59:14 AM

Here is the soultion. It is from TF2 it works for me and my friend. We are using WIN XP 32bit SP3. Pleas try who get Direct 3D Device9 error and report.

Here's how you open Registry Editor:
Start Menu > Run > regedit

Surf down to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on "PagedPoolSize". Hexadecimal is listed first. Change the "Value Data" to one of these below:
(Note: You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal. They both are the same.)

Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal
192Mb 0c000000 201326592
256Mb 10000000 268435456
384Mb 18000000 402653184

I went with the 384Mb option and it worked perfectly.
Once you are done, make sure you reboot your computer.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?131328-B...!-%28PagedPoolSize%29
m
l
!