LG VX4600 ring & vibrate

I have an LG VX4600 and I don't like it compared to my old Startac. Here
are my reasons.

1. 4600 does not have a vibrate then ring option like the Startac.
2. I can't see the color screen when it's bright outside.
3. When the 4600 is in "manner mode" (i.e. vibrate) and then placed in the
cradle, it does not change mode. The Startac temporarily changes to ring
mode when in the cradle, and changes back when taken out. Makes
sense...there's no point in vibrating if it's not on your body.

Does anyone know how these problems can be fixed? Software/firmware update
maybe?

_KC_

"Bobby B" <sung7864@yahooooo.com> wrote in message
> I have an LG VX4600 and I don't like it compared to my old Startac. Here
> are my reasons.
>
> 1. 4600 does not have a vibrate then ring option like the Startac.
> 2. I can't see the color screen when it's bright outside.
> 3. When the 4600 is in "manner mode" (i.e. vibrate) and then placed in
the
> cradle, it does not change mode. The Startac temporarily changes to ring
> mode when in the cradle, and changes back when taken out. Makes
> sense...there's no point in vibrating if it's not on your body.
>
> Does anyone know how these problems can be fixed? Software/firmware
update
> maybe?

1. Yes it does, "Vib & High" is vibrate then ring.
2. You will have that problem with basically all color phones.
3. Never owned any phone that does that. Wasn't aware the Startac did it.
Minor nuisance IMO, just change it when you put on charger. Takes 2
seconds.

These aren't what would be considered problems, so no there will not be any
kind of s/w fix for them.

KC

In article <4bRad.1045$NX5.671@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
_KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:

>"Bobby B" <sung7864@yahooooo.com> wrote in message
>> I have an LG VX4600 and I don't like it compared to my old Startac. Here
>> are my reasons.
<<SNIP>
>> 3. When the 4600 is in "manner mode" (i.e. vibrate) and then placed in the
>> cradle, it does not change mode. The Startac temporarily changes to ring
>> mode when in the cradle, and changes back when taken out. Makes
>> sense...there's no point in vibrating if it's not on your body.
<<SNIP>>
>3. Never owned any phone that does that. Wasn't aware the Startac did it.
>Minor nuisance IMO, just change it when you put on charger. Takes 2
>seconds.

I believe that all Motorola phones starting with the StarTac do that. It's
a minor thing, but is nice.

I would like ot be able to se my VX6000 to vibrate even when the
ringer is set to low. My Nokia did that. It's nice because sometimes I
want it to be on low ringer bnut yet still vibrate because I could
have it in my pocket in which a low ringer might not be heard but
vibrate will be felt.
To have only high and vib is kind of annoying because when I'm in a
loud place it's fine but when I am in a quiet place then it is too
loud where as low ringer might be OK.

"_KC_" <kc@kc.com> wrote in message news:4bRad.1045

> 1. Yes it does, "Vib & High" is vibrate then ring.

Actually it doesn't KC. On the Vib & High mode it vibrates and rings
simultaneously.

> 2. You will have that problem with basically all color phones.

True. I kind of miss my Samsung A310.

--
“The media will spend weeks going through pay stubs for Bush's National
Guard service in Alabama in the waning days of war, but if Kerry tells them

Ann Coulter – 18 August 2004

_KC_

"God Bless America" <JohnWIllLose@communistsforkerry.com> wrote in message

> "_KC_" <kc@kc.com> wrote in message news:4bRad.1045
>

> > 1. Yes it does, "Vib & High" is vibrate then ring.
>
> Actually it doesn't KC. On the Vib & High mode it vibrates and rings
> simultaneously.

Guess you learn something new everyday. Didn't even know that myself. I
have carried alot of LG phones and they all vibrated and then rang.

KC

Sentinel <none@none.com> wrote:
> I would like ot be able to se my VX6000 to vibrate even when the
> ringer is set to low. My Nokia did that. It's nice because sometimes I
> want it to be on low ringer bnut yet still vibrate because I could
> have it in my pocket in which a low ringer might not be heard but
> vibrate will be felt.
> To have only high and vib is kind of annoying because when I'm in a
> loud place it's fine but when I am in a quiet place then it is too
> loud where as low ringer might be OK.

I agree with you completely. I have the 4500, and it also only has the
Vib & High feature. I wish their was a Vib & Ring option which would
allow you to select the ringer volume.

Jeff

_KC_ <kc@kc.com> wrote:

> "God Bless America" <JohnWIllLose@communistsforkerry.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "_KC_" <kc@kc.com> wrote in message news:4bRad.1045
>>

>> > 1. Yes it does, "Vib & High" is vibrate then ring.
>>
>> Actually it doesn't KC. On the Vib & High mode it vibrates and rings
>> simultaneously.
>

> Guess you learn something new everyday. Didn't even know that myself. I
> have carried alot of LG phones and they all vibrated and then rang.

The 4500 also vibrates and rings at the same time. My dad has a 4400
and his will vibrate then ring. But, once again he is stuck with the
vib & high setting instead of being able to select a ring volume.

Jeff