MW2 crashes

ginmardo

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Hi,

I seem to experience game crashes repeatedly at the same level. After we fall into the river after taking Shepherd's chopper down, the game should load the final level. I keep getting "2DTexture...=ran out of memory" crash. Now, I came across a forum which suggested to enable optimal settings, at least for the last level. It still would not load and I got the same crash error. The funny part is, that it never happened when I was playing the game on custom settings with my Geforce 8500 GT. I upgraded to a GTX 260 with the latest drivers. I should not be experiencing these errors.
How do I solve this?

markusaurileus

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I think Modern Warfare 2 on the PC does not take full advantage of the video hardware memory and relies quite a bit on system memory and page filing.

If you go to your Computer's properties (Start, Computer, right-click on properties) and then go to advanced settings and go to the Performance & Maintenence Section, then under Virtual Memory (Page Filing), in crease the min to like 1024MB and the max to about twice the size of your RAM. Then set it, apply and it should be fine. You might have to restart. This helped me out; I was experiencing the same problem before.

Sorry if the titles aren't correct, I'm going by memory b/c I cant check, I'm on a Mac right now (T_T not mine lol)

ginmardo

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010

Tried it, didn't work. I think it did improved gameplay but still crashes at the last level. Do you think I should upgrade RAM memory from 2GB to 4GB?