Wireless probelm with linksys

Hello

We have bought a linksys wireless 54-g on an by phone line with broad
band also we have purchase a dlink pci wireless card we have installed
the card on an windows 98 machine it works fine but sometimes it drop
the green lights for the connection we then have to turn the machine
on/off to reset the lights the mazchine is about 30 metres away from
the linksys

is this a common probelm??

Cheers
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless probelm linksys

    It appears to be a frequent topic. But, after a fresh boot and the
    lights are on, go to the device manager (under system in the control
    panel) and click on computer. See what IRQ the pci card has and see if
    it is shared (something else using the same one). Should be 9, 10, or
    11. ( I had a similar problem with a shared irq with my sound card)

    If this looks ok, then take note when the connection drops, (microwave
    on, using 2.4ghz phone etc.)
    When connected, what is your signal strength and connect speed. 30
    metres indoors is quite a bit if there are alot of walls etc in the
    way. Try reorienting the antenna or the access point to get the best
    signal and speed.
    Even try horizontal position. Instead of rebooting, go to network
    connections, right click on the wireless adapter and disable then
    reenable it. See if it wakes back up!

    Good luck

    "Jason" <JWC_72@LINEONE.NET> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > We have bought a linksys wireless 54-g on an by phone line with
    broad
    > band also we have purchase a dlink pci wireless card we have
    installed
    > the card on an windows 98 machine it works fine but sometimes it
    drop
    > the green lights for the connection we then have to turn the machine
    > on/off to reset the lights the mazchine is about 30 metres away from
    > the linksys
    >
    > is this a common probelm??
    >

    > Cheers

Wireless Linksys Wireless Networking