Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
hi guys....
my config is
i5 760@2.8ghz
gts 250 core edition(xfx)
win 7 32bit
2gb ram ddr3

my question is will the fps increase if i add another 2gb ram???

It can help since Win 7 does use a bit more resources than older OSes, like Win XP. Not sure about Win Vista...

It should make your overall experience with Win 7 a little smoother (in and out fo games). But don't expect much increase (maybe 1 or 2 frames at best) since your video card is what is most likely limiting you.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Since you are using the 32-bit OS, you can at the max put in another 2 gigs of RAM as 32-bit OS's do not utilize more than 3.5 gigs of RAM. In order to utilize more RAM, suggest you move over to 64-bit OS as then you can utilize upto 16 gigs of RAM!.

But as jaguarskx said, don't expect the RAM to give a huge boost. For that, you'll need a better GPU as well.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
He does not have 4GB RAM, only 2GB. The best upgrade you could do for FPS is the graphics card. But you need to make sure you have a good PSU too. Getting a 64bit OS and upgrading to 4GB RAM would be a good idea. Most gamers aim for at least 4GB these days.

Whoops, I was answering multiple threads at a time.
What you said is true, getting a better GPU can make a big difference in the frame rates. And for that he needs good PSU. I am assuming he has a 400 or 450 W PSU, since he already has a GTS 250.

adding an extra stick up to 3 gigs will help as it will or should lessen the use of the page file.
as others have said 32.bit win7 wont allow access to more than 3.5 gigs and that also includes your gfx ram. so if you have a 1 gig card you will only ever access 2.6 gigs of actually system ram.
upgrading to 64 bit will be more efficient but you will need a minimum of 4 gigs as 64bit uses more address space by default.
it in itself wont really add more fps, but the more efficient use of the system may well yeald higher results.

ultimatebot

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
and another ques....

in brotherhood , all max settings res 1600x900,8xAA and vsync OFF,my card runs at nearly 81degrees..... is that ok?

and will my data transfer rate be better in 64 bit os???

Generally speaking, the main advantage of 64-bit is 8GB of RAM for Home Premium and 16GB of RAM for Professional/Ultimate. The 32-bit version may have a little better support for 32-bit applications.

64-bit games can technically run faster than 32-bit games, but there aren't many games written in 64-bits.

It will not allow faster data transfer rates (RAM, Hard Drive).