lillazy23

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
hey guys I need help getting this problem fixed. I have tried everything but cant figure out problem. First of all heres the components to my pc

AMD 1.2
Asus A7V133
Asus Geforce GTS2 deluxe
256mb crucial ram
Quantum 40gb ata100
SB x-gamer

Ok the problem starts when im playing a game, about 10 minutes into counterstrike all of a sudden the game freezes and the sound keeps looping. So far I have updated bios to 1004, installed latest promise drivers, installed via 4in1 4.29v driver, installed detenator 3 drivers. But I still keep freezing for some reason. I tried formatting and doing a clean install but im still getting same thing. I have tried uninstalling via and promise drivers thinking maybe that was the problem but still nothing. I even tried uninstalling detenator3 and using asus7700 graphics driver. I dont think its a heat problem, im using FOP32-1 with arctic silver compound and temp is idle at 50c. Any help is greatly appreciated

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

G

Humm,
Our systems are somewhat alike,

AMD 1.2c 266fsb running @ 1.2/133fsb
A7V133 Bios 1004
Visiontek GeForce Ultra 64 meg ddr 4ns Det 3 drivers
256mb crucial ram Cas 2 (2x2x2)1 dimm
2 IBM 75GXPs 46.1gig ata100 set up in Raid 0 in raid IDE's
Plexor 12/10/32 CDRW jumper set to master in Pri IDE
Toshiba 16xDVD 48X CDrom jumper set to master in Sec IDE
3com base 10/100 network card in pci slot 3
SB live Value pci slot 4 (Latest drives on their websight)
Linksys 10/100 pci slot 5
PCI Slot 1 and 2 are empty
All latest 4in1 and Promise drivers installed.
No Special Install procedure,
Set up Bios as:
Operating Frequency Setting as (User Defined)
CPU Clock Mulitplier as (9.0x)
CPU Frequency as (133)
DRAM Frequency as (133)
This yeilds a System running at CPU 1200mhz and 133/266 fsb
Have had her Up to 1400mhz but not stable in 3d apps.

Booted up and the raid driver came up and auto installed the array. Fdisked and formatted with win98 startup disk. Installed win98 and then 4in1 and Promise drivers. Then all Video,Network and sound card drivers. Once all was installed in win98 I upgraded with win98se disk to get Win98SE as OS

I can not duplicate your problem on my system with CS try as i might!
Try a few of these Bios Setting
In Bios under Boot menu
Make sure Primary VGA card is set to AGP Card Not PCI Card
In Bios UnderAdvanced/Chip Configuration
Set Graphics Aperture size to 64 or 32 (try both)
Set Video Memory Cache Mode to {UC)

Hope this is some help

Life is short but only if your the latest CPU on the market!

Damned Wrongway

dhlucke

Polypheme
What about SB drivers? I don't think you mentioned those...

Also, maybe you should download counterstrike again, or install it again with everything in the background turned off including the virus protection.

Just a few more suggestions... good luck

<font color=red>This is a forum, not a chat room. You aren't going to find a date here.</font color=red>

G

If this problem is the same one that I am having with 3D gaming, sound is not the problem. I ripped out my SB Live board and played with no sound - boy does that suck - and it still locked up. I know the software for the board is still loaded, but you would think this would rule out audio.

I also upgraded my video card since I was using a cheezy two-year-old one. No luck either.

Hey lillazy23, when your machine locks up do you hear the fan pitch change? If you aren't sure, run the system with the panel/lid off to see. I was starting to learn towards either the power supply on the case or one of the regulator modules on the mobo flaking out- yes, grasping at straws...

-bumble