A7 Pro and Duron

G

I recently purchase an Asus A7 Pro motherboard with an AMD Duron 800. It has been nothing but frustrating. I replaced a QDI Brillianx9 and a Celeron 466. When I installed the new board and CPU, I formatted and reinstalled the OS. Now here's the problem. My AGP slot is running at 1X, when it should be at 4. During some games, I get black lines that briefly flash across the screen every so often, if I leave a screen saver on for too long, the computer freezes, and last but not least, if I restart the computer, is sometimes stops right at the desktop without displaying anything except the wallpaper. I talked to AMD, and they were no help, as for Asus, they haven't even responded yet. Here is what I have in the system. An Asus V7700 Deluxe video card, 256 MB PC133 RAM, a creative Labs sound blaster Live, a Diamond Supra 56K modem, an Acer USB scanner, HP 9110 CDRW, an Acer 50X CDROM, a TTX 17" monitor. I am pretty upset with all of this, and am tempted to turn in the CPU and board for Intel. According to Tom, AMD processors performed better than their Intel counterparts, however, I never encountered issues like this with my Celeron. Someone please help so I can begin to enjoy my new components.

G

ok your a7v isn't working correctly.. AGP4x...

Did you install VIA 4 in 1 drivers ? if not it might solve 95 % of your problems....

G

Yes, I did install the 4 in 1 drivers. I have updated all components with the newest drivers. Perhaps I should reinstall the 4 in 1 drivers. I can't seem to find a BIOS setting that lets me set the AGP to 4X, so I am kind of stuck.

G

I reinstalled the 4 in 1 drivers, and set it to Accelerated mode. My video card said standard. At any rate, I am at 4X no.