Am looking for more gaming websites like steam, gametap, webgamegame

Am interested and finding more sites that offer games at discounted prices or on a monthly subscription for PC platform.
5 answers Last reply
More about gaming websites steam gametap webgamegame
  1. Steam is the best, in my opinion. I've seen games discounted up to 75% (as well as bundle savings of up to 90%.

Plus, you get to keep the games you buy. If you bought it ONCE on Steam, you own it forever on Steam. Some games have digital rights management, but the vast majority have DRM through Steam, meaning you can install them on all your computers whenever you want and you won't lose your games as you change computers over the years.

Aside from that, there's Direct2Drive. I've never used it, but I hear it's a lot like Steam. There's also Good Old Games. Lastly, there are certain publishers that sell their games for discounted prices through their own in-house download services, such as Microsoft and Electronic Arts.

Just check out Steam, Direct2Drive, Good Old Games, MIcrosoft (their online store), and Electronic Arts (their online store).

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I've seen. Remember, Steam offers HUGE discounts very often and when you buy a game on Steam it's YOUR game FOREVER*.

*excludes game with digital rights management that is separate from Steam's digital rights management.
  2. Beamdog.com also regularly has big discounts.
  3. gog.com

short for good old games. Its great for older PC games, DRM free :D
  4. guitarjanitor said:
    Steam is the best, in my opinion. I've seen games discounted up to 75% (as well as bundle savings of up to 90%.

Plus, you get to keep the games you buy. If you bought it ONCE on Steam, you own it forever on Steam. Some games have digital rights management, but the vast majority have DRM through Steam, meaning you can install them on all your computers whenever you want and you won't lose your games as you change computers over the years.

Aside from that, there's Direct2Drive. I've never used it, but I hear it's a lot like Steam. There's also Good Old Games. Lastly, there are certain publishers that sell their games for discounted prices through their own in-house download services, such as Microsoft and Electronic Arts.

Just check out Steam, Direct2Drive, Good Old Games, MIcrosoft (their online store), and Electronic Arts (their online store).

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I've seen. Remember, Steam offers HUGE discounts very often and when you buy a game on Steam it's YOUR game FOREVER*.

*excludes game with digital rights management that is separate from Steam's digital rights management.

you know nothing of what you are talking about
  5. guitarjanitor said:
    Steam is the best, in my opinion. I've seen games discounted up to 75% (as well as bundle savings of up to 90%.

You realize that all of the sales that you see on non-Valve games are not exclusive to Steam right? When Steam runs a major deal on a title, odds are that you can find that same deal (or slightly better) on other sites if you look around.

OP, www.GOG.com / www.gamersgate.com / www.greenmangaming.com <--obscure site with good customer service and sometimes ridiculous deals / gfwl store (if you have the patience) / Origin (if you don't mind using a different game launcher than Steam, which it sounds is not a big deal to you) / www.amazon.com digital downloads section
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming Games Steam Video Games Product