HP and Windows x64

I've been doing some searching around the 'net and coming up empty. Does
anyone here know if HP plans on releasing 64-bit drivers for their laptops
so they can be used with Windows x64?

I have a Pavalion zv5430 laptop and I'd like to be able to someday upgrade
to the 64-bit OS. Hmmmm... maybe I'll just put Linux on there. ;-)

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, David Casey <sgtcasey@IH8SPAMcableone.net> wrote:
    > I've been doing some searching around the 'net and coming up empty. Does
    > anyone here know if HP plans on releasing 64-bit drivers for their laptops
    > so they can be used with Windows x64?
    >
    > I have a Pavalion zv5430 laptop and I'd like to be able to someday upgrade
    > to the 64-bit OS. Hmmmm... maybe I'll just put Linux on there. ;-)

    Not sure what unique drivers a laptop might need. My HP a530n has fairly
    standard equipment. 64-bit XP came with a 2D nVidia driver, but nVidia
    had 64-bit 3D driver. I had to dig up a 64-bit AC'97 sound driver at
    realtek.com.tw. The only thing I could not find a 64-bit driver for was
    my Winmodem, but I have DSL anyway (or external serial modem).

Hewlett Packard Hardware X64 Computers