Sign in with
Your question

Any good BFBC2 servers

Last response: in Video Games
March 27, 2011 5:51:28 PM

I am starting to get a little pissed off. BFBC2 is supposed to be a team based shooter. While MW2 and CoDBLOps are the more arcade type twitch action shooters, BFBC2 is supposed to be based around strategy and teamwork. After playing this game for quite some time now, I'm a little fed up with never being able to find a server where someone else even has a mic. Now, I'm giving the game the benefit of the doubt and I might be doing something wrong. Are there any servers out there that are known for having good teamwork and people playing the game the way it's supposed to be played? The BattleField fanboys love to take massive dumps on the Call of Duty franchise for their gameplay that "actually requires skill", so, I'm still waiting. If I wanted to play a twitch action shooter, then i would just pick up call of duty or start playing TF2 again. Fanboys, this is your time to shine. I'm willing to be assimilated among your ranks but as of now, I'm trying not to sell it.

More about : good bfbc2 servers

March 27, 2011 10:37:08 PM

You're doing it wrong.

Everybody has a mic. Most people probably just heard you're pubescent, high voice, and muted you.

And nobodys an idiot. People will draw fire with sniper fire if you try to plant c4 on a tank, etc.
m
l
March 27, 2011 11:28:30 PM

Quote:
Everybody has a mic. Most people probably just heard you're pubescent, high voice, and muted you.

My voice isn't that high lol.

I just think that it's kinda stupid how the voice chat is set up though. I mean, how can i effectively do anything when only communicating with a few other people? I guess i was just mistaken and thought that this game was something different.
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2011 1:26:46 AM

x13killer said:
Quote:

My voice isn't that high lol.

I just think that it's kinda stupid how the voice chat is set up though. I mean, how can i effectively do anything when only communicating with a few other people? I guess i was just mistaken and thought that this game was something different.

Hit k and stop being a bitch about it.
m
l
April 1, 2011 11:11:24 AM

Have a look for BF Gotland servers. I never use in game voice, im on a private ts with a few mates usually. Just get a few friends together and shell out £2 per month for a private voice server. 3 or 4 mates on ts who play well and u have a bad@ass squad. If snipers are making your life hell on hardcore, smoke grenades will make them sad ;) 
m
l
April 1, 2011 6:06:02 PM

In most cases it's random, or your teamed up with friends in order to have a conversation. I joined an AoD server that only had clan members, so they had mics and were actively talking to one another. In other cases there may be friends using Steam chat or another chat program.
You can find some servers, but in most cases you have to signal it so others feel free to talk. I teamed up with a rank 8 player who started talking after I warned him of someone rushing a point. Honestly though, when you're capable of communicating with others it's enjoyable. Once and a while you may get a user who has their mic on constantly, where you hear static.

As well, what says that team chat is the only reason when you still have to play team based most of the time?
m
l
April 1, 2011 8:30:19 PM

Captainhero said:
Have a look for BF Gotland servers. I never use in game voice, im on a private ts with a few mates usually. Just get a few friends together and shell out £2 per month for a private voice server. 3 or 4 mates on ts who play well and u have a bad@ass squad. If snipers are making your life hell on hardcore, smoke grenades will make them sad ;) 

If you're not an idiot, you don't get smoked by nades. I can quickscope someone in a milisecond, it takes them at least a second or two to hit G and throw the nade.

Just get about 400m away from the main action, and alternate between quickscoping people who move on your nest and people across the map.

Works very well, I normally go about 30-5 with a m40 in nam, and 20-10 with a gol in bc2.
m
l
!