HP OmniBook XE3 slows down to half speed even when plugged..

My HP OmniBook XE3 regularly decides to slow down to half speed (from
1 GHz to about 470 Mhz, sometimes to around 730 MHz). I can imagine it
doing that when it's on battery, but when it is plugged in I want it
to actually use it's full 1 GHz. In fact, I would like to be able to
tell it that it shouldn't even slow down when on battery. Is this some
configuration-item on the HP? Where can I find it? Please help me out.

Thank you very much

Eristalis Pertinax
1 answer Last reply
More about omnibook slows half speed plugged

    On the seventh day, Eristalis Pertinax wrote...

    > My HP OmniBook XE3 regularly decides to slow down to half speed (from
    > 1 GHz to about 470 Mhz, sometimes to around 730 MHz). I can imagine it
    > doing that when it's on battery, but when it is plugged in I want it
    > to actually use it's full 1 GHz. In fact, I would like to be able to
    > tell it that it shouldn't even slow down when on battery. Is this some
    > configuration-item on the HP? Where can I find it? Please help me out.

    check your Power option settings in the control panel. Set it to desktop
    and change the options for running under battery accordingly. Or use
    SpeedswitchXP or the intel SpeedStep applet.

    Does anyone REALLY read these stupid quotes?

Hewlett Packard Battery Hardware Computers