Crysis 2 Getting DX11 tomorrow?

TORKsteer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I love this game! Never played the first one, just got back into PC gaming and built a new rig. Problem was that using the NVIDIA 266 drivers for my GTX570, the game would crash hard when loading where I left off. Using the beta 267.24 drivers it seems fine. DX11? Graphics are already astounding......

thegamersblog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I've heard the same thing from my sources as well. I just put the information up myself.

http://www.thegamersblog.com/2011/03/27/crysis-2-dx11-patch-tomorrow/

From what I understand this information has been semi confirmed. I've checked with a couple other places as well and they seem to think the same thing.

it is a bad joke they didnt ship it with dx11, all because they didnt want to put console owners off.
what were they thinking. the console owners have proven they will buy pretty much anything. including a console that has to be sent back every other week to be fixed.
so thats a poor excuse at best.

i really do hope its just a con command to turn on what is already there or it means its gonna be a patched add on so will eat up more resources due to it being taged on as an afterthought...
the reason i hope its just disabled in the shipped version is that i was led to believe that cryengine 3 was a dx11 api.

and we have an update* no patch today but sometime soon... thats just typical. they encourage piracey by allowing em to play online yet wont give legitimate owners the features there asking for.

Yeah, Crysis 2 on the PC should have been shipped with DX11 included.

Crysis 2 should have just been delayed on the consoles. After all, the primary fan base is in the PC segment. Technically speaking, they would have also had additional time to iron out security bugs.

I consider Crysis 2 for the PC to be in the "final Beta" stage.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

How much you want to bet it will be in "permanent beta stage"? Even if they release a DX11 patch, it will do next to nothing for the graphics. Because what is DX11 going to do for a game that was designed from the beginning for consoles? It might add a few bumps to the walls for faux tessellation, but the overall graphics will look pretty much like the consoles.

It is really a joke of a PC game. it would be nice if they would allow more customization to the gfx options. its absolute bullcrap that you can only chose between gamer, advanced and hardcore and cant tell the diff between all 3 (not just visually but what each one means) low medium or high would have been better.