repeater problem with wap11

I have a wap11 v2.2 flashed with dwl-900AP+ firmware. Seems to work ok. But
I am testing the repeator function and it doesn't seem to be working.

I have a belkin 54g router. I try to repeat that router with the same ssid
and installing the correct mac address. I get a much better signal and can
connect but get no internet....

Any ideas? Is it because one is a 802.11g signal and the other 802.11b. I
know this is not a "same product" setup but was wondering if any one had
done some setups like this.

norm

I had a similiar problem where I had a strong wireless signal, but could not
connect to the internet.

This worked for me:

On the wireless computer: Go to Control Panel / Network and bring up the
TCP/IP Properties for your Wireless card. Go to the DNS Configuration Tab
and select Enable DNS. For the Host Name, I have CTED5 and I had to add the
following two IP addresses:
198.6.1.1
204.177.32.2

These are UUNet IP address. I am not sure if they are unique to your ISP,
but I think they will get you on the net.

--
Norm

maybe this will help?

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/Sections-article34-page1.php