Help on play station 2 please

jacko_50

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
My son has a play station 2 which is chipped. His friend without me knowing came to the house with a play station 3 game and tried to play it.
My son then tried to play his playstation 2 games and now the console will not read any of his games.

I have taken it to a service centre here in Turkey (reliable or dont know what they are doing i do not know) but them tell me they cannot fix it and if it can be fixed it will be very expensive.

Can any of you help me on this matter please

G

Strange, sounds like physical damage! PS2 are not worth repairing, buy a second hand one!

jacko_50

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
thanks guys for your responses i wish i lived in America obviously ps2 and other game consoles are far cheaper out there than over here in turkey or the UK.

I have this afternoon been for a 2nd opinion to another centre and apparently the games disk has damaged the laser eye How??? who knows,,, but apparently this will solve the problem. Give you an idea of cost out here this eye to replace will cost 13 sterling grrrr. I know there are much better consoles out there for sale but he is only 8 and has many games for the ps2, and at the moment prices for these in european countries are way to high.
thanks again for your comments

A different disk should not have damaged the laser, unless it reflected back funny. The laser has to focus at a specific spot to read the data, on a BluRay, the material and data layers are different. The PS2 could have tried to read the data, hit some odd refraction and fried itself. A bit like a bullet ricochet. Or maybe they just loaded the game roughly and damaged something. Two 8 year olds playing together, you're lucky they did not set the room on fire :)

TRENDING THREADS