Crysis 2 .. much much much optimized...

ultimatebot

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
hi guys...
just now played the first mission on crysis 2 and indeed it was much optimized...
my config is
i5 760@ 2.8ghz
gts 250 1gb
win 7 ultimate 32bit
2gb ram

the game runs fine on hardcore and 1600x900 res,vsyn OFF.....

thanks crytek.... :) :) :)

You are right there, I have a E7500 and a 8400 GS and i can play it all on high ( i.e, in game options ) I even tweaked it more to get more frames. I play at 640 X 480.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I wouldnt call removing the open world, half the texture res, removing destructable environments, reducing FOV to a consolish 55, not having a proper AA method "optimization", i would call it dumbing down for 6yr old tech.

It would have rather been better if the game launched with demanding hardware requirements, and people who had lesser hardware played on low settings. Low settings would equal the graphics of Extreme we have now.

What has happened now the industry is in stagnantion. This will just lead to people who want to see advancements not seeing anything new. Also this will leave no motivation for people to upgrade, when that happens hardware makers aka Nvidia and AMD will feel the pinch.

Jay_83

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd like to see the patch, but I don't think it will be coming out at all. And no, it would NOT make it look much better, because all the in-game assets are already in place. Adding one or two shader effects wouldn't change anything. Crytek would have to remake the game if they wanted it to look better on PCs, but of course they're not gonna do that.

They sold out, in my opinion. Not surprising, but still disappointing. And I gotta say the graphics don't bother me- the game still looks good. What bothers me is the gameplay, small levels and the nanosuit for idiots. If you got the hang of using the nanosuit in Crysis 1, you could sprint into a group of Koreans and knock one of them over, switch into strength and grab another one, throw him into the third one, and bitch-slap the last one. Nothing like that is possible in C2. Having to hold down the melee key for a power strike!? WTF!? It makes no sense! When your enemy is ten inches away from you, the last thing you wanna do is to hold down a key and wait for the melee attack to charge up, even if it only takes a second.

Baah, enough ranting.

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
The reason it runs so well is low texture resolution and closed environments.

I would not call that optimization. Just a console port. Funny how crytek dropped the ball on this. Their game from 4 years ago looks better than the one they just released. Very sad.

sparky13

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I think the graphics are quite good, it's the game play I'm most upset about. Playing Crysis I felt like I was this elite hunter that could toy with the enemy in a variety of fun ways. Playing Crysis 2 I feel more like an invincible tank a-la Master Chief in Halo. It's still a fun experience just not the same is all.

G

played it and the story i liked, another thing is now shooting someone in the head actually kills them unlike Crysis where putting a full clip into someone didn't phase them :(

even if they patch it and make it look awesome which will never happen it's not good enough to play again just for that...

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

Preach brother, the first game was way better in every way. Crysis 2 plays like a console game. I was kind of disappointed throughout the game by the lack of new enemies and weapons, but to rub salt into the wound they took away some really cool weapons that were hard earned in Crysis 1 ( There were some energy based weapons but they just didin't have any muscle) The real slap in the face was : No Maximum Strength, No Maximum Speed. I thought this was a new suit. A new suit should have new BETTER abilities. Better Armor, Strength, Speed, and Longer Cloak Times by way of a new power source. Not only is Crysis 2 not better than the first, it's not even better than Crysis Warhead which happens to be about the same game play length.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I like it, not as ambitious as the first one, but multiplayer is much better. There is nothing missing from the suit, you still get to run fast, jump high, and kill people with one punch, they just took the controls away because console gamers are too dumb to press that many buttons at once so it does it for you now ;)

I will say though that the lack of vehicles is a huge dissapointment. It's still a good game, but it is no comparison to the freedom of the first one

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007

+1 to that, STEAM sale FTW. Hope all the negative player reviews will hasten the process. I like how on metacritic its got an 87 but the avg. user review is 6.6. I think that sums it up pretty well.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I agree that the game runs much better, but there are reasons for it. I had an absolute blast in crysis 1 screwing around with the physics. The physics in crysis 2 are nowhere near as good as crysis 1 imo. The game looks really good though. On my gtx 260 sli system, I can get 60 fps constant at high settings. I never could do that in crysis 1.

TRENDING THREADS