P III Motherboard

pastorjay

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001
Hey all,
I am building a system for a friend, and he wants a P III processor. I have never built a Penitum system, so I have no idea what Motherboard is good for this. He will not be overclocking. The issue will be stability and price. Somewhere in the middle of the price scale is where we are looking. I have seen a Biostar Motherboard with a P III 800 for around $220. I have used Biostar with Athlons and they seem to be stable. I also plan on putting in a Radeon 2 mb ddr board. Is this a good vc for a P III? Thanks for your help.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Intel has a nice OEM 815E board (I think maybe the D815EPEA) similar to the Asus CUSL2 but without the fancy BIOS features. It is also relatively inexpensive, about the same price as the CUSL2-C. I would get the CUSL2-C jsut in case anyone ever gets the urge later on to overclock.

Suicide is painless...........

G

if price is of concern, he should just get a cusl2 from asus or the 815eea from intel and use the built in sound and video. and if you decide you want to radeon, you can just put it in without having to disable the onboard video. otherwise, the cusl2-c is probably a cheaper solution, although it doesn't come with sound/video. (about 20 bucks cheaper)