John Carmack to Reveal Something Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Hopefully nothing related to WWII. Wolfenstein has been milked and milked and milked and..... the last Wolfenstein game didn't really pan out which was expected. I was hoping Rage would be out by now so I could be playing it. But it will come, unlike DNF...

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
while im a big wolfenstein fan, they havent been able to capture the MP feel that RTCW (and later ET) had. This new one was a decent singleplayer campaign and it was alright but i felt its multiplayer was horrible. The last couple quakes havent done anything for me either, but maybe i'm getting too old now.

dm.exe ftw

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
If they do another sequel I pray it's better than Wolfenstein. Doom4 I hoping will be amazing visually and gameplay wise.. and for god's sake.. have him find some duct tape to attach a light to a firearm

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation]
What we know is that the game will be locked at 30fps to incorporate a higher visual quality--three times that of Rage.
[/citation]
The P.O.S consoles can't do impressive graphics at 60+ fps, PC FTW!!!!!

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Duke Nukem Forever has been secretly picked up Gearbox using id Tech 5 all in a not so subtle FU to George Broussard by Take-Two in spite of the fact that id is a member of a rival company and Gearbox has no experience working with id engines.

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Blah, I've seen so many headlines saying Carmack's done with game development and working with NASA making some ub3r moon shuttle, or he's now he's saving the world from aids and starvation yada yada. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with another failed DOOM iteration. When I played Doom 3 I could turn off my monitor and not recognize the difference in game play.. :)

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]ID software is merging with Apple because of his love affair with the iPhone!/kidding[/citation]

So it is Steve Jobs going through giving everyone Negative ratings

G

I bet he's gonna call a press conference, ask the cameras to zoom in, and then show somethin' special by whipping out his johnson.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
OR....

You can stop rehashing the same old crap and start making new games with new stories. Quake and Doom have been played out, the stories are old, and newer companies are making games with fresh concepts. Take Portal or Bioshock for example.

G

All I can guess about whatever the upcoming game is is there will be more monster spawning closets and glossy plastic looking character models.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]OR....You can stop rehashing the same old crap and start making new games with new stories. Quake and Doom have been played out, the stories are old, and newer companies are making games with fresh concepts. Take Portal or Bioshock for example.[/citation]
this! we don't need a repackaged version of the same old FPS cliche.

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
"We do already have more IPs than we can exploit," he told OPM. "I doubt we're going to do another IP. It's scary to say it, but maybe not in the next decade even, because we want to support Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake - and hopefully we can add Rage onto that - and I don't want five teams here. Three is scary enough."

EA games... Please take a note. -.-'

Status
Not open for further replies.