Closed Solved

Im having trouble getting my new laptop to play bioshock

I'm having trouble getting my new laptop ( msi fx700-056us) to play bioshock. It is supposed to be able to handle high end gaming and video(neweggs words). What can I do ?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about trouble laptop play bioshock
  1. gib67sgc said:
    I'm having trouble getting my new laptop ( msi fx700-056us) to play bioshock. It is supposed to be able to handle high end gaming and video(neweggs words). What can I do ?

That Laptop has a mid-range card in it, the GT 425M. When you say your having trouble playing bioshock what exactly are you having trouble with?

EDIT: Heres a link to give you an idea where you graphics card stacks up against the others. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+425M
  2. As soon as I try to play it my computer freezes up and I have to hit cntrl, alt, delete to get out of the freez up
  3. Are you drivers and game patches up to date?
  4. Yes, checked as soon as I had a problem. The thing is it wont play Fallout 3 either(same problem) but it plays Mass Effect 2 at the highest settings great. Sounds and looks incredible. Bioshock and Fallout 3 are both 2 years older than mass effect 2, and this computer model is one of MSI's newest, so I'm baffled.
  5. Best answer
    you may be short of a vc redist, dx update or dotnet fix.
    you can find them on the ms site. even if you have em update em as they may be corrupted.
  6. Best answer selected by gib67sgc.
  7. Thanks I'll try that now
  8. that seemed to do the trick it's working fine now, thanks alot !!!
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Laptops Video Games MSI-Microstar