FIC AD11 with FOP32-1 ?

G

I've been using a Globalwin FOP32-1 with my FIC AD11 for over a week now. It keeps my 1.2ghz Athlon a nice 40 c, only going up to 43 after a few hours of UT. Even though it's not overclocked, I'm not using any messy silver paste, just the thermal pad the FOP comes with. I only have 2 fans in my Lian Li case powered up as well. The FOP is quiet too.

FYI, I bought the Athlon 266fsb retail. It came with an AMD fan and heatsink combo in the box. I wanted to give that a shot first, but couldn't safely mount it, as the tension bar has no hinged latch like the FOP32. I didn't want to start bending things when I could just use the Globalwin.

So go get one. :)

Alopex

G

Man, this is great.
I posted this question at 12:42 and here you are at 1:24 with the answer + other answers to my concerns like 'should I use thermal paste?'....

you gotta love the web...
We already have 3 components in common (i.e. 1.2 tbird 266 fsb, ad11 and fop21-1). What else do you have?

Yesterday I placed an order for a 60 gig ibm dtla and 256 megs of ddr (samsug).

Would you mind commenting on problems/issues you got when you installed the board? what os/drivers...

Thanks a lot... even if you don't reply to this one.

PS: I got one. It's only afterward that I realized the fop might not fit.

G

Heya,

I have, starting with what you know:
FIC AD11
256mb DDR PC2100 CAS 2 RAM (Mushkin with Hyundai chips)
1.2ghz 266fsb retail Athlon
FOP32 Globalwin Cooler
18.2gb MAJ3182 U160 10,000rpm SCSI drive
Adaptec 29160 U160 SCSI PCI card
Sound Blaster Live! Platinum 5.1 PCI card w/LiveDrive IR
3Com 3C905C-TX 10/100 Ethernet w/WOL
Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro (64mb 4x AGP Geforce2 Pro)
Pioneer U04S 5thGen DVD 10x/40x Slot-loading SCSI drive
Logitech MouseMan Wheel 4button USB Optical mouse
Logitech iTouch RF wireless keyboard
Lian-Li PC 60 100% Stainless Aluminum Case

Updte.. I actually put the SCSI in PCI 2, the 3com in PCI 3 and the SB Live card in PCI 4 to avoid IRQ sharing. AGP & PCI 5 share an IRQ, PCI 1 & 2 share an IRQ, PCI 3 doesn't seem to share, and PCI 4 shares with the 2 on board USB controllers.

Then I changed the board jumper from 100mhz to 133mhz. Booted up, FIC BIOS autdetected SDRAM and CPU settings all at 266mhz FSB, and off it booted to the SCSI CDROM. Win98 PnP'd everything, I updated the drivers (such as video to Nvidia's Detonator 11), and I was done.

Running stable so far..

Alopex

G

I got my ad11 to run great with 256 Megs of samsung ddr 2100, tbird 1.2 266 fsb, antec 400w case, gladiac mx, usb digital camera and firewire card...
Software is w2k sp1, via 4.29v, amd agp.
BTW, the had to plug the usb camera into the usb slot1. usb slot2 would not work??????????????

All PCI irqs are shared on the irq11. How can I assign the pci devices a specific irq?